Saturday, August 29, 2009

#2isms

As the sacrament was being passed today, I leaned over to #2 and asked him the same questions I ask him every week during the sacrament,

"Who should we think about when we take the sacrament?"

"Jesus"

"Why should we think about Jesus?"

"Because he died."

But today after I asked him, "What happened to Jesus after he died?" instead of his trained answer, he said,

"He killed all the bad guys."





Earlier this week, shortly after #1 had left for school, the house seemed quiet. Too quiet.

"#2?!?," I called.

No answer.

"# 2oooooo?!?!"

Silence.

I start opening doors and soon find #1's bedroom door locked and hear small noises inside. I reach for the key hiding on the door jamb and let myself in. No one in sight. But there are suspicious noises coming from behind the closet door.

Then I hear, "Don't look in the closet."

Of course I open the closet. And find #2 siting on the floor surrounded by 6 naked Barbies.

"#2! What are you doing!?!"

"I like dees girls make-ed mom."

9 comments:

birdie said...

nice! love boys.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

hahahahahaha! That is SO funny:-) He is such a cutie!

Katie said...

So funny! You gotta love little boys!

Audrey said...

I love that Jesus killed all the bad guys. Apparently he's seen a Christ that was painted by Frieberg in all his muscled glory.

Jami said...

Like father like son hey???

Erin A said...

Love it!

MegaPPod said...

Sounds familiar, but more hysterical. I'm thinking of all kinds of "out of the closet" jokes, but I will leave it alone.

Erin said...

My brothers did the same thing, but as they got older it got a little more graphic! Gotta love boys!

moomycoz said...

Completely normal - nevertheless, you might want to start getting that bridle ready - the "bridle your passions" one. Those stories will keep me smiling all day. Grandpa is going to love 'em.