Wednesday, August 7, 2013

1st day of School, 2013 edition

My 5th grader is feeling confident and happy to be an upperclassman at her elementary school.  She is excited to learn to play the bass in the school orchestra and ready to take on the challenge of ALP math.  Baby E (#4) is going to miss her 2nd mama while she's at school all day. 



Buster, my 3rd grader, is looking forward to getting back to friends and fun things like PE and sports at recess.  Although a good student, he would much prefer to play all year and isn't exactly thrilled to be sitting in class all day again.   I have to admit, I'm not exactly thrilled to start the after-school homework routine either. 



My 1st grader is starting all-day school.  She's nervous about following the rules and not getting in trouble in her new class.  I hope she'll grow confident quickly and enjoy making new friends.  One thing she's really excited about: Specials! Music, art, PE and most of all, library!


Baby E's down for a nap and our house is quiet and empty. I'm missing my birdies and looking forward to 3:30 when my nest will be full again.  







 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

stinking cute kids! I kinda wish they'd stop growing...