Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Panda Express

I'm dedicating this post to my beloved spouse who finally found something that I could eat and like at Panda Express.  

For years Panda Express has been off limits because the first time I ate food from their menu I was prego with #1 and it totally grossed me out.  I hate dark meat. HATE HATE HATE!  When the food was served, it didn't look bad and didn't smell too bad.  But when that first bit of meat hit my lips I could tell like a mother knows her child that it was sick, wet, fatty dark meat. And I've never gone back.  

Last night spouse brought home the one and only dish that Panda Express serves that is exclusively WHITE meat, String Bean Chicken.  Not only was it only white meat, it was also fairly delicious.  

There is another mainstream fast food joint that has the dark meat problem, Qdoba.  Can you believe that all of their chicken is THIGH meat?!?!  (gagging noise)

Doesn't every one serve white meat now?  How can we live in the year 2007 and still have restaurants using dark meat? (shivers)
 

7 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Beavers and ducks... Beavers and ducks... I will ALWAYS remember you repeating that when you were grossed out by something a long time ago... I can't even remember what it was!! :) I really like the green bean chicken too... yummy! :)

happy mom said...

I don't know that I can pin all my disgust with meats to dark meat. but I can say I am extremely picky as well.

silly but remember your GandG's wedding aniversary? of course you do, I had been given a choice of fish or beef something. I wanted neither option. (I didn't think to ask for vigitarian) made a choice and that was that. when we arrived, we found out that (I am pretty sure it was you) you had ordered vegitarian, I was kicking myself for not asking when the choices had been offered. and I had to send my meat back to be overly well done, so I could try to consume it.

sorry for the long comment, but also. thanks for your advice on Sam and his issues with preschool a bit ago, you really helped.

Katie said...

I can't handle Panda Express either - I think it is the most disgusting thing ever. We were driving through Barstow, CA late one night, with 2 starving kiddies and one starving Nate and all there was was a Poco Loco (sp?) and Panda. I was so grossed out that I don't know if I can ever go back.

That chicken sounds manageable though! Way to go Matt.

MJ said...

Orange Chicken...yummy! I think I ate at Panda one too many times when they opened it on Baseline and I was pregnant with A. K likes it a lot. I guess we didn't have many choices at that time for fast food. That or Duners Pizza...yuck!

MJ said...

But it's good to see you branch out. Confession...I like dark meat too...and steak...and pork...and definitely hot dogs (the yummy fatty juicy ones from Costco).

MJ said...

I can just hear you air gagging.

Evecall said...

I have an issue with Panda Express as well...maybe I will try that dish and not hate it so much. My hubby will be excited because I never let him eat there. Same on the white meat for me.....once again you should be getting some kind of royalty from PE!!