Monday, July 14, 2008

Week One

Lest my faithful readers lose all hope of my return, I've finally acquired a computer to report upon my month's long retreat in the big U.T.

PS. Where was Spouse? Bringing home the bacon back in death valley, I mean AZ.

Week one was spent at my parent's home languishing in the shade and company of beloved family. Brother B.J.C. entertained #1, #2 and I on the lake for a day. #1 decided she was scared of the boat and spent the entire time curled up in the space below the driver's seat, excepting when the boat was still. #2 couldn't keep his hands off the steering wheel and practically jumped out of the boat several times. As for me, to put this mildly, I had the best ski since entering motherhood. Thanks B.J.C.




One afternoon I took the kids up the canyon to "hike" the river trail next to the Logan River. Our mileage probably totaled .45. However, at the end of the hike was a sweet treat: a swollen stream to wade through. Or fall into, as #2 did.




Fireworks on the eve of July 4th. Say what you will about small towns and their provincial celebrations, the fireworks show at Romney Stadium surpasses anything you'd think appropriate for a town this size. Of course, this is only possible because the largest fireworks manufacturer in the US happens to be in Cache Valley.



4th of July in Bear Lake. Just a day trip spent on the beach with cold sodas, chicken salad sandwiches, and a good uncle who helps the kids with their sandcastle.



Stay tuned for Week Two; A week in Bear Lake/Logan Canyon with the in-laws. And Spouse!

8 comments:

daisy said...

Looks like fun. Ahhhh... Logan in July. So nice. We are coming up over the 24th, any chance you will still be there?

lisa said...

Hey! I was in Logan this past week. It would have been so great to see you!

Also, your kids look so much like you and therefore, are adorable.

birdie said...

You're back! I love small town celebrations - I was missing Andy's this past 4th (W Bountiful has a great parade and fireworks).

I'm going to be in UT on Wed night through end of July - we should get together if you have a spare min.

Katie said...

Sounds like you've had fun so far! We were at the Bear Lake beach on the 4th as well. Too bad we didn't chance upon each other on those very crowded spaces!

Give us a call if you have a moment to spare! We know how busy you are - but - would love to see ya!

MegaPPod said...

Well, hello adult BJC. Crazy. Glad he is around to help you out with the kiddies, and jealous you get to spend that much time in Cache Valley.

DKAZ said...

JEALOUS!!! Looks like fun. Oh to be cool in shade. Have fun. Keep us posted.

Audrey said...

I love the picture of your youngest in the hiking pack. What a sweet smile.

Peterson Family said...

That just made your last post sound even worse... did you drive ALONE with sick kids for 13+ hours?! You continue to amaze my JL!! :)

WHAT FUN!!! I want to be there at the lake right now! I am sweating to death in 'death valley' as we speak! :)

Thanks for the update, I was seriously starting to panic that we had somehow lost you... (I am quite serious, I love your blog). :)