Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey, turning 31 and such

Turkey Trot Saturday November 22

After seeing and hating my last race pictures I decided to apply some tanning lotion. Tan fat looks better than white fat, I always say.

#2 ran in the 2nd heat of the Kid's dash with a couple of buddies.

Thanksgiving in New Mexico

What the?

Lovin' the cousins

Good gravy! Here's my sweet sister in law, 10 weeks post-partum and already cooking up a storm with 5 house-guests trashing her place.

My little bro carving up the world's tenderest 19 lb turkey.

Here's the spread pre-feasting. Homemade everything. Rolls, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, salad, pies and turkey. Ok, the turkey wasn't home made.

Spouse's famous mashed potatoes. You don't want to know how much butter he used. At least I don't want to think about it.

The pig-sty. Errr....the boy's table.



A little after dinner rough-housing never hurt anyone. It's all fun and games till a 5 year old gets her face kicked.

Did you know N.M. is cold? Well, it is.

On Friday we drove up into the mountains for a short hike in the crisp air and muddy trail. Yes, I am aware that my eyes are closed. Spouse's curse of the photo-eye-closing is rubbing off on me.

The kids loved running free in the wilderness. #3 was in dirt-caked heaven.



I'm not really taller than my brother. We're on a steep slope.



Did I mention I turned 31? Yeah, well I did.

5 comments:

Jami said...

How fun to see your brother! What are they doing in New Mexico? And Happy, Happy Birthday. 31 was harder on me than 30. That's not a good sign.

MJ said...

You are my oldest friend. Not old as in I've known you for a long time, but old as in you are going to die soon. Happy Birthday!

P.S. I lied. I have older friends than you, but they are all dead.

birdie said...

Happy Birthday!! You are almost as old (and wise) as me :)

Katie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun. Those potatoes are making me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It makes me miss you guys! We had such a fun time with you!