Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So about last night.....

I'm not going to write anything. Just this :( or I might revert to the downward tailspin that had me wallowing in worry and disappointment this morning.

Onto happier subjects: Halloween! This picture of #2, the pirate might even make John McCain smile today. And the ghoulish #1 is so spooky she could have put a damper on the zealous crowd at Grant Park last night.

Putting politics aside for a minute, we had a great time at our ward's truck 'r treat. However, now that we know that the end of the world is nigh, (The One has finally arrived) we probably should have been collecting food storage. How long do Snickers keep?

Halloween night a mummy and a shark joined us for our 2nd annual Halloween bbq. We listened to "This is Halloween" one last time and then canvased the neighborhood like an Obama volunteer except we were only asking for candy.

We trudged around the warm night for more than an hour, wearing the kids out and collecting loot. But all in all, nothing could have prepared us for election night 2008. The hopes, the dreams, the change... what? That isn't my line? I told you I wasn't going to talk politics so quit trying to change the suject.




8 comments:

Megan said...

Yes, the end of the world, but at least only one man and one woman can legally be married in AZ, so perhaps ALL isn't lost
Your children looked adorable, I mean spooky.

Jami said...

Love the costumes! Did you make them? I don't know how one can NOT write at least something about yesterday. It's a huge page in our history good or bad! Stay tuned for my commentary. :)

Ali said...

Cute costumes! I had to click on that last one to see what was going on. Ew. Is that on your door? Kinda creepy, yes?

So, it was no shocker that Obama won. I am just grateful that many of those that voted for Obama in CA were also the African American voters that voted a conservative YES on Prop.8 here. So, a blessing in disguise. Seriously, their vote just might have changed the outcome.

Since we're heading out into the "real world" in the next year and since we'll be in the health care profession, I am a bit wary, to say the least, about what is to come. Hopefully Ob. will be so busy ending the economy crisis that the whole socialized medicine thing won't have a chance to begin.

Scary, but at least Prop. 8 passed! Breathe a sigh of relief! (and prop 102, which was also very important!)

I'll end the novel of incoherent thought now.

MJ said...

Ahh, love the costumes! Love the porch decor! Soooo you! The only thing creepier than the bloody man is the children sitting there with the bloody man like he's Santa.

Unfortunately for me, I was surrounded by the opposition when I heard the news. I was at school last night and, of course, surrounded by lame brain young brain-washed students that were giving the dumbest reasons for why they voted for BO. I didn't voice my opinion because it's pointless(not my opinion, of course, but to argue with idiots) but I also couldn't listen to it any longer so I left.

The silver lining...the African American turn out at the polls most likely saved the propositions.

Evgenii said...

No shark pictures? I thought we took one with all of them together.

JLJ said...

Hans - I took this picture in the fastly fading attitude of individualism. You see, although I do have some cute pictures of Sharky, (here's where I'm looking out for my own self interest) but my kids all look a little crazy in them. So I had to choose a non-Sharky picture for the blog. Maybe I can link to your Halloween pictures?

Evgenii said...

I was just joking. Most of our pictures have his cut knee and blood so they didn't turn out that well. We do have a good picture of him and #3 from the trunk or treat though where they both have red eyes. Halloween's the one time where that's ok for the picture.

Jill said...

You store the Diet Coke, I'll store the snickers!!! Talk about practical food storage (who eats wheat anyways! ha-ha)!!! We may need it though, time will tell!