Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break (part two)

Our Spring Break finished up with a bang. Maybe more of a ping than a bang. We were all pretty worn out by Sunday night. Brother Brig and fiance left early Sunday morning. #1 and #2 lamented their departure all day, complaining of boredom and the injustices of not living nearer to family.

Brother Brig was really good at engaging the kids and entertaining them. #1 kept begging for more "russlehousing."


Brig's fiance indulged #1 nearly everyday by participating in some 6-year-old pastime; paper dolls, American Girl dolls, wii games.

The zoo! We tried something new and brought the kid's bikes. I learned that #2 doesn't know how to use his brakes. Every hill was the same thing. He would get going really fast and steer himself into something, like a bush or a fence or the pavement, to stop himself.


Walking on a spiderweb. Leave a message and I'll call you back. And it's all your fault, I screeyeeyeen my phone calls..... honk if you're a 90's girl! (or guy)




After getting hot and sweaty at the zoo we stopped at an old ice-cream parlor for a cool treat.


Estrella Mountain Park. This hike was perfect for my little ones, .06 miles. Any temptation we had to extend the hike was tempered by warning signs of an Africanized Bee colony.


Saturday morning soccer game. Brother Brig and his photographer of a fiance. I wish I'd had some of her pictures for this post.


This is how we keep our kids corralled during the soccer game. #1 had to get in on this picture. She is such a poser lately.

Saturday night #1 lost her 2nd tooth. She says she wants to keep the tooth and isn't willing to risk putting it under her pillow. I guess she wasn't too impressed with the tooth fairy's first gift of a mere 4 quarters.


So long Spring Break..... until next year.

3 comments:

Erin A said...

You are such a cool mom! Our spring break so far has involved...nothing. But I do have 40 auctions up on ebay! I'm telling the kids that this will pay for our summer trip-hopefully. Maybe I can at least get in a few picnic/park trips and Dairy Queen before the end of the week.

Love the pictures!

moomycoz said...

That was an entertaining summary of your spring break - I loved it. Has anyone worked with Wesley on the brakes? The ice cream parlor should have erased any negative memories of falling. Africanized bees? And you were within 100 miles of the place? I had forgotton that little fact about Arizona. So much for any thoughts of hiking there I have entertained. Please explain the medley of comments under the spider web - it was over my head.

Peterson Family said...

Look at you guys getting out and actually doing stuff for SB (vs. us). I thought we were doing good by taking our kids to the park everyday! :) hehe... I even threw in a trip to the Library and as soon as we sat down to read Hunter looks at me and says "Mom, this is so boring- let's get outta here." Classic. He loves reading now, but apparently he thought the 'library' would involve some sort of 'play area'?!

Good for you!! I am jealous of #1... I LOVE paper dolls and my American Doll Samantha is packed away in a box somewhere with all her stuff that I have collected since I was 8. I had better have a GIRL oneday or poor Samantha may never again see the light of day. ha!