Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What the What?

#1 brought home this acrostic poem she created in honor of earth day:

Reduce by turning off lights
Elephants shood be helphthe (healthy)
Clean the earth
Yay! We have the earth
Cats shood be helphthe (healthy)
I Love the earth
Earth is oar (our) home

Cute, right?

Then last week she authored this dramatic tale:

Once upon a time there was a little boy. The boys name was Peeter. Peeter was not a good boy. There was a good girl. The girls name was Dasy (Daisy). The boy was a messy boy. Dassy was a cleen girl.

There was a queen. A queen that was queen of all the queens. The queen was in the reepupglick (republic) too. The queen had a gun. Dasy had a gun too. The queen was prity. Peeter got kitckt (kicked) and he died.

insert appropriate 6 year old illustrations.

What the what?



Not seriously worried, just scratching my head with a half-grin on my face and nostrils flared.

9 comments:

Amy said...

EXCELLENT. seriously ... VERY VERY VERY funny.

MJ said...

Hmm...I think I want to delay this comment for a few years to see what transpires with this child...Hmm

But, I do agree. Elephants should be healthier. Yay! We have the Earth.

Jill said...

Hilarious!!!
It's crazy the things kids come up with! (Although I'm wondering...what kind of bedtime stories you have at your house???) ha-ha!
#1 is growing up so fast! Cute post!

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Hmm. Those are great! The moral that I come away with is that in the republic clean and pretty people have guns and the animals are healthy because of it. Long live the republic! Yay!

Katie said...

That's quite amazing. I always wonder where they come up with these things.

Quite imaginative #1 is!

Jami said...

Sweet!!! You just saved the day. Hallee was supposed to do an "acrostic" poem for homework and I was trying to remember what an acrostic poem was. Thanks!!

BigEd said...

Love it. I also love the image of your half smile/nostrils flared. That's a classic.

birdie said...

nice. some of the stuff they come up with! where does it come from? it's like how emmie can have nightmares when she's only 20 months. what is she afraid of? someone taking her melmo away?

moomycoz said...

You would understand better if I could find the story you wrote at about age 6 or 7. Not that you wrote just one, but this one was a nostril flarer, and I had intended to keep it for occasions such as this.