Friday, June 5, 2009

preschool prom

Usually I don't let my kids date until they're at least 7 or 8 but I had to make an exception for #2 who was asked to preschool prom by this sweet lass.



#2 is pure jock, typically uninterested in girlie things (unless you count what is underneath the mannequin's dress) so it was surprising that he allowed himself to be cuddled and then persuaded to dance the morning away in his sister's bedroom.



When his date's mother came to pick her up I told the mother how her daughter had declared #2 to be her boyfriend! Later, I found out from a reputable source that this girl's heart is inconstant - apparently she has a lot of 'boyfriends.'

And I thought I'd be spared this drama for at least another 3-4 years.





In full disclosure #2's heart has strayed as well. When I asked him who he was going to marry (completely confident he was going to say ME) he answered, Miss. F-----, #1's Kindergarten teacher. That same day I found him stroking a scantily clad chest in a Guess perfume magazine ad. Shocked, I asked him what he was doing and he only mumbled in a hypnotic voice, "oooooh. Miss F-----."

10 comments:

Ali said...

No, really? Did that last part really happen? That is too funny.

JLJ said...

Yes. It really happened. Hypnotized voice and all.

lisa said...

That is hilarious. Such a lady's man.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

This is the cutest thing ever:-) You son is gonna make one lady very lucky some day!

Jami said...

I would expect nothing less from the prodigy of two parents nominated biggest flirts in high school. What goes around comes around :)

Mama Megs said...

I just laughed so loud! Henderson rubs the girls tummys on the covers of magazines in the checkout line! What is it with boys?!

Audrey said...

Wow, you guys better keep your eyes on that one. Maybe all of his dates should take place in the safety of your home.

Peterson Family said...

Where is this kids' parents? :)

That is HILARIOUS!! Plus in these "last days" (what with Prop 8 and all) it's nice to know what 'team' he's batting for. I think he made his intentions clear. haha

Too funny. :)

Katie said...

So funny! When he's 16 he'll be so glad you wrote that last part down!!

Jill said...

Seriously...so funny!!!
Sorry my lil' one is a ladies man! Those pics are adorable!
PS--love the last little blurp--hilarious...now I know what else I have to look forward to with little boys! Craziness!~