Thursday, September 24, 2009

B

Last night I was feeling guilty for having lost patience with #1 earlier in the afternoon, so I laid in her bed with her a few extra moments so assuage my mother-guilt. She laid in my arms and I sang quietly to her. Then, as I moved to get up she curiously reached over and poked my chest. And by chest I mean Chest.

"You shouldn't do that #1."

"Why not"

"Because they are private."

"Are mine private?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because someday you are going to have Chests (of course I used the real term), and you need to be in a habit of treating them privately."

#1 was still for a moment, processing the information.

"So is my stomach going to look like yours too?"

Feeling a little defensive, I replied, "Like what?!"

"You know, like this" She proceeded to draw a round shapes in the air.

Still trying to act confused, I said, "What do you mean, like that?"

"You know. From the side you look like a capital 'b'."

B

Nice.

13 comments:

lisa said...

That is hilarious. I think I'm more like a lower-case b, which is way worse.

daisy said...

Capital B is better than lower case b. So funny!

MJ said...

Sweet! Love it!

Erin A said...

Thanks for the smile!

Melanie said...

lol. out of the mouth of babes. don't you love how candid they are. :D

Jacqui said...

Oh, dang. Did you read my post about McQueen telling me I need a new stomach?

I look like a b, too.

Tamara said...

That is too funny, and I agree with Daisy Capital B is much better than lower case b. BOTH are better than lower case d...which is in the direction my genetics tell me I am being taken...

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Gotta love #1's comments. I have 4 #1's who tell me all the time what they think I should improve on. Silly little stinkers:-)

Amy said...

seriously hilarious. I am going to go ask my kids right now what letter I look like. pray for P! pray for P! it will be the dreaded b. I know it.

Megan said...

Children are so lovely.

Jami said...

I can't stop laughing!!! That is the best thing I have heard all day long. Thanks for the laugh #1.

Katie said...

Oh my. That is so great! I too am probably in the ranks of the lower case b-ers! Could be worse!

Erin said...

That is too funny! We need to get together for lunch, I miss talking to you!