Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Halloween Write Up

Jack and Sally Pumpkins


We had Cleopatra, (wingless) Tinkerbell and Anakin. Did you know Cleopatra murdered some of her siblings? Not my Cleopatra, the real one.

Unlike last year, where she cowered and clung to my leg all night, Tinkerbell thoroughly enjoyed all the Halloween festivities. She got into the Halloween spirit this year. She memorized and loved to sing "5 Little Pumpkins" and even arranged her own Halloween version of "Happy Family." It went something like this:

I scare Ghostey, he scares me.
We scare Pumpkin, yes siree.
He scares us and so you see,
We are a scary Halloween!

Pretty clever, huh?

Halloween falling on a Sunday really messed things up for Anakin. He has never been too good with chronology or time references. So when Halloween came and went without any real trick or treating, he was very disoriented. For several days after Halloween passed, he still was asking me in the morning, "Today we are going trick or treating?" Poor kid.

I was quite surprised when Cleopatra brought home a note from school stating that her class was going to have a Halloween party. Not a fall festival. Not a pumpkin party. There was no permission slip or alternate activity. Just a good, ole fashioned REAL Halloween party. They got to wear costumes and everything! It was great and Cleopatra was very beautiful.

Unlike the other kids who were a little sad to take down the Halloween decorations, she was rather stoic about it. When I asked her why she didn't care, she just shrugged her shoulders, "Eh, my birthday is in like 9 days and that's better than Halloween anyway." That's my practical girl!


Anakin's classroom Halloween party included cookie decorating.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My kids thought Halloween was actually on Saturday. And I did not correct them.

mandy said...

sure missed trick or treating around the 'hood together this year.

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Beautiful pumpkins!

The neighborhood next to ours passed out letters with a special Halloween picture to put up in your window if you wanted to participate in Saturday Trick-or-treating so we went ahead and bummed off of them.

I love the costumes!

Jami said...

Oh my. We are so sheltered. I assumed everyone would celebrate Halloween on Saturday. In Utah it wasn't even a question- not a single trick-or-treat on Sunday. Interesting.

Audrey said...

Isn't it so funny that we have to be so PC about EVERYTHING??? I too am surprised when you can have a Halloween party and not a Fall Festival or however you dress it up. Pretty soon we won't be able to call them birthdays either or something equally ridiculous.

moomycoz said...

I am very impressed with the song. Looks like Halloween was a success except for the Sunday issue. But I'm confident that Aniken will forget all about it as visions of Christmas consume his imagination.