Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I am writing this in my parent's warm attic, the snow is piled up outside and it is very, very cold. Yesterday the town was buzzing with talk about the storm to end all storms that was to hit last night. School was cancelled, businesses closed. The radio was instructing people to find their flashlights, blankets and to stay huddled in one room to keep warm in case the power went out.

We have Christmas music playing (my mom's new Celtic Woman Christmas album) and serious baking is underway. I am still in my pajamas and just loving being home for Thanksgiving.

Besides turkey tomorrow I am also looking forward to Saturday when we will baptize #1. I keep waking up at night with panicky thoughts. Have we prepared her well enough? Is there anything we forgot? Commandments? Check (I think). Laws and Ordinances of the gospel? Check (I think). Testimony and faith in Jesus Christ? Check (I think).


Have you heard about the adventure we had driving up here? Eightteen hours. Eightteen hours! Through blizzards and over ice and through scary, unplowed snowy canyons. Yikes! We are grateful to be here, alive.

I am grateful for a lot. God has blessed me and my family in many ways, large and small.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

Some Kind of Crazy said...

It sounds like you're going to have a perfect holiday!

I'm sure that you both have done a wonderful job preparing #1 for her big day!

I will look forward to the post detailing the 18 hour trek!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Jami said...

Welcome to utah!!!! Did you drive in that storm yesterday??? Scary!!!! Glad you made it safe and sound. Happy turkey day!

MegaPPod said...

I'm sooooo jealous of being trapped in a snowstorm in Logan. As you know, the holidays just aren't the holidays in 80 degree heat. Hope Thanksgiving was wonderful!