Monday, August 29, 2011

Matchmaker


The youth speaker at church yesterday was the picture of loveliness. A confident, beautiful, 16 year old girl, speaking from the heart on being a "guardian of virtue." You couldn't watch and listen to her without feeling joy.

#3 must have felt the spirit radiating from this girl but wasn't quite sure what to make of those good feelings. So she did what any 4 year old would do. Just as the youth speaker said "Amen," #3 said, in an excited and loud voice, "Daddy should marry HER!"




And in case any of you are worried, Spouse has chosen (so far!) to stay with his plump, not so radiant mother of his children.





9 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Awsome!!! Just one thing, you are the farthest from plump my dear and one of the most radiant women I know!

Julie said...

That's so funny! At stake conference last week a woman said the closing prayer. After she said "Amen" a boy behind us yelled, "Is the show over, Daddy?" I had to laugh.

Erin A said...

Oh I love it! What a cutie!

Delaps said...

This really craked me up! I am glad that he hasn't traded you in.

mandy said...

i've never had a kid emotionally mature enough to get past the inevitable 'why is she crying?' question at that age- #3 is an emotionally mature little girl.

Evelyn said...

I love it. I don't know how many times my kids have made rather loud comments right after an "amen." I beg to differ about your "plump" comment, though.

Jami said...

Love it. Too funny!

MegaPPod said...

At least she has high standards, ones that I am sure you meet. She is so adorable.

MegaPPod said...

She's adorable, and has high standards. I wouldn't be too offended ; )