Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The birds and the bees

Last night, after a long and busy day, I was in the girl's bedroom helping #3 into her pajamas when Spouse arrived home from work. I heard the front door shut and then heard #1 and #2 greeting him and making surprised sounds. They followed him as he found me back in the bedroom. He was carrying a lovely bunch of flowers which he handed to me as he bent over to kiss me. It was quite romantic (and thoughtful, given my stressful day) and Spouse must have seemed the perfect hero to his children. They were happy for me and liked seeing Spouse surprise and please me.

In all her joy, #3 exclaimed, "Now you can get married and have a baby!"




Done. And done. That's how all this trouble started in the first place.

3 comments:

Tara and Brigham said...

I sure love that little one! So excited to see you guys this weekend! Have a safe drive! :)

Peterson Family said...

Haha! That is so cute!! She is one smart little cookie! ;)

MegaPPod said...

She seems like she really gets it. I meant to post on your last post that I hate situations like that when you really have no idea what to do. So glad your little guy was okay, and that everything ended up fine. Hope you guys are doing well!