Thursday, October 27, 2011

October's Light

For my non-Arizona inhabitant readers: You know that wonderful, deep down feeling of joy you experience sometime in the end of May (sometimes in June!) that is inspired by the knowledge that winter is most definitely over? You feel parts of your soul emerge from hibernation. You are happier, calmer; life is more joyful and you notice beautiful things again. The extended, dark and frustrating winter is finally ended.

In Arizona our extended, hot and frustrating summer is finally ended and I feel like I'm coming back to life again. I want to be outside, soak up the sun and take everything in. The flowers are more beautiful and the songs of the birds have never been lovelier.

I was doing dishes last night, my hands warm in the water and my neck cooled by the breeze blowing in from an open window. Through our back window I watched the neighbor's tree sway in the wind and I thought, "My goodness, even the light is more beautiful."

It made me think of an afternoon earlier this month in Logan Canyon when I had the same thought: My goodness, this light is beautiful.






Don't you agree? Isn't October's light the prettiest?

1 comment:

mandy said...

you should include a hyperlink to your last year's post about this time- i believe it was quite similar!? now if we could just pass some legislation to change the time to allow more sun during this gorgeous season of ours!