Friday, November 18, 2011

Familial visits!

A week ago I happily hosted my Texas-inhabiting sister, Jess, and her daughter for the weekend. They arrived just in time to help #1 blow out her birthday candles (more on that later).

Although we did walk over to the local bouncy-place and then to ice-cream, we mostly stayed close to home where the kids could ride bikes outside or throw pretend surprise birthday parties inside. Jess and I talked. And talked. And talked.

I think Jess and I could live right next door to each other for the rest of our lives and always have something interesting to talk about.

That's mostly because Jess is a thinking, compassionate soul who notices and analyzes the world and it's people. Plus she's a great listener and just when I think I shouldn't say any more because I've already hogged the conversation too much, she wants to know my opinion about something else.

Photographic evidence:



Saturday we overdressed for #2's football game. By the 2nd half we were all sweating! I thought I'd try to get a good picture of #1 and her cousin, but #3 felt left out and, as you see, I never got that good picture.



#2 LOVES his cousin. He told her so in his sincere, straightforward way.


Not only is she an amazing sister, Jess is also an amazing aunt. She was patient and loving with my children, even though she saw the dark side of them when it was way past their bed times or too early in the morning.







As I mentioned earlier there was a birthday last week.


Quick! Let's play Two Truths and a Lie!


#1 is nine.

#1 is nine.

I'm not getting older.




Happy Birthday to my beautiful, book reading, Lego building, cartoon drawing baby!

4 comments:

Jami said...

How fun to have a visit from your big sis! Love those moments and you both look great!

chris said...

you guys always have so much fun together! why was she in AZ? heading up this way? or heading back? or just ... driving around and just happened to be in your neck of the woods?

also, know how you didn't know about the new website? yah ... the new website has a new name too. :) if you have a blogroll, and if we happen to be on it, might wanna update it with the new addy cuz the old addy is deed. yes, that's deed.

moomycoz said...

It makes me so happy that you two were able to have that visit. I wish you could live next door to each other!

Jacqui said...

Those cousins look so much alike! Your girls could easily pass as twins. I miss Jessica--how fun that you got to see her. Fun post.