Sunday, May 20, 2012

My baby turned 5 this week


 If you can believe it, my baby turned 5 this week.  She asked for her favorite food for breakfast: Ramen Noodles.  For breakfast.  It was painful, but I allowed it.  I made some blueberry muffins for the rest of us and thought that perhaps #3 would be tempted to give up her dream of brothy noodles and give in to a normal breakfast food.  But she knew what she wanted!  She slurped that whole big bowl down.

#3 is at the developmental age where she is experiencing irrational fears.  She has always been my most sensitive and emotional child, so this phase is more intense than it was for the other two.  Upon lighting her birthday candles we discovered yet another deathly fear: lighted birthday candles!  It took all her courage to blow them out. 



#3 loves to wear dresses.  If she had seven, I'm sure she'd wear one every day of the week.  Her grandmother sent her this one for her birthday and she wore it two days in a row.  She tried putting it on for the third day but I insisted she give it a break for washing.



#3 is a deep feeling soul, often crying in movies and at sad stories.  She is compassionate and very affectionate. She loves closeness and will often move her toys or coloring into the bathroom where I'm getting ready because "she gets lonely."  #3 has matured and progressed by leaps and bounds this year and I know with the start of Kindergarten in August I only have a few more months to enjoy my little girl.   Some of the little girl things I'm going to miss:

  • Rice Kippies and muse-gik (rice krispies and music)

  • Lazy hair and her forebrain (wavy hair and her forehead)

  • The way she sings her way through life.  #3's life is a song and she is always singing about her feelings or things she's read about or what she learned about in church or the things we pass while driving. 


As if to prove her point that she's growing up and I can't stop it, today she excitedly showed me her first loose tooth!


This just cracked me up!  She couldn't hold the bubble wand without out making this funny face! I've got about 15 different pictures with the same face.


1 comment:

Tara and Brigham said...

Love that girl! Can't wait to see you guys this summer! :) Tell her Happy late Birthday for us!