Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Best

Before you scroll through these (what looks to me like) pictures of perfect children, know that this weekend they fought, messed up the house and complained just like all kids do. 

But when I see these pictures my heart swells with love for their brilliant, good spirits.  My heart aches with hope for the world because of the light and joy that these children bring.

The gifts they've been given can do so much to build up and bless God's children.  #3's compassion, #2's innate joy, #1's earnestness and #4's strength.... So much power! 

Their potentials humble me and I feel the weight of my stewardship: to help them recognize their gifts and teach them how to use their gifts to serve God. 

Which brings me to Easter.  Its through the grace of Jesus Christ, this enabling power, that I have any hope of not failing my family.  All my diligence, all my strength, all my efforts aren't enough. I can't do it alone. But through grace I'm granted the strength, patience, and wisdom that I wouldn't otherwise possess.  If I allow it, Christ's grace will make up for my shortcomings, my failures, my foolish pride.  Its wonderful! I love Easter.











2 comments:

mandy said...

what a fantastic looking family!!

JulieAnn Barrus said...

So beautiful. Thank you, Jen.