Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st day of school (you all knew this post was coming)

We made it! 1st day of school, done. We had a calm morning. Spouse went in to work late so I could take #1 to school without the distractions of #2 and #3. #1 was a little nervous, as you can see by her face in the pictures. But when the time came to separate she was brave and just turned for one last wave. It broke my heart. By noon I was done crying. Only 3 more hours till I could pick her up. After school #1 was in manic excitement, beyond giddy. She loved it!

Except for the crying headache, I think the day was a success.

Side note: The new school grounds were flooded last week during the 'microburst', so they had to temporarily relocate for the first couple of days. (In case you were wondering about the cheesy faux wood paneling in the background of the pictures)


I'm a bit late posting this picture of #2's first day of preschool, three weeks ago. I just love his teacher. Her personality and teaching style is a perfect fit for #2.


6 comments:

Jami said...

She looks so cute. I'm laughing that the headband bow made it in the first picture and then disappeared. Not digging the bow hey?

Way to go! You survived the first day. It only gets easier - LOTS easier. After three weeks of being off track I am SOOOOO ready to have Hallee back in school.

DKAZ said...

I was wondering how it went. Glad to hear the only tears were from you. I kinda like the wood paneling-it really brought out the blues. One day down, only 180 to go!

Katie said...

Although a little aprehensive, #1 DOES look ready. She's so cute in her little uniform. Does she have full-day kindergarten? Wow!

Way to go #1!

Audrey said...

Uniforms??? Hmmmm...I know this was a big debate for you, but is military school really the answer? I mean, she's only five. What did she do that was so wrong anyway? Don't you believe in forgiveness? How many push-ups can she do now?

Peterson Family said...

Yeah for #1!! That will be a nice break for you during the daytime. How exciting for her! Hunter loves his class and teacher too, and I am loving my new found freedom too! :) Glad #2 likes his teacher too.

MegaPPod said...

Good to hear that things worked out. I think you made a good decision. I have a lot of the same feelings - luckily I have a lot of time to decide.