Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Deep Thoughts

Does anyone remember that SNL segment from the 90's, "Deep Thoughts?"

Doesn't this stimulate your sensitivities? "I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people."

Or this sage advice: "If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone."

You may even hear this one on the campaign trail this fall: "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Every now and then #1 evokes similar deep thoughts: "Who is Heavenly Father's father?" I don't know. That's a good question. "Why is that a good question?" Because I don't know the answer to it. "So if you know the answer it's a bad question?" - uhhh.

"How do you get buried?" After you die, your body is laid in a box called a coffin. Some people dig a deep hole and put the coffin in. Then when it's covered with dirt they put a little stone or statue there with your name on it. "Oh, I love those! They are so lovely! I want a windmill."

"Heavenly Father, why did you let all those people die in China? Please bless that only bad people die." (shock!)

Do you have any deep thoughts?

5 comments:

Jami said...

Hmmmm...now THOSE are deep. I think #1's deep thoughts are far better than any I ever heard on SNL.

Peterson Family said...

Hunter: "Mom, do you have a baby in your belly?" (thanks, time to hit the treadmill)

Me: "Nope, not right now. But you used to be in my belly!"

Hunter(excited and then curious): "And then I came out your mouth?"

Uhhh... eat your hot dog.

(You've reminded me to write that down before I forget)

Little minds are so creative, innocent, and curious... I just love it! What a smart/sweet little cookie you have. :)

MJ said...

She is so curious. Those are such deep thoughts. I want SNL to bring back Deep Thoughts, but I think Jack Handy died.

MegaPPod said...

Much better than any I could come up with in that they are actually deep AND amusing.

birdie said...

Not any coming from E's mouth - yet. I'll be anxiously awaiting those days...