Monday, February 23, 2009

Whew!

What kind of friend am I? I drop an opinionated hot-topic bomb on you and then leave for two weeks? There are good excuses my friends. Good excuses.

Excuse #1 Visitors!

Excuse #2 More Visitors!

My brother and his family from New Mexico came to spend Valentines/President's Day weekend. The cousins were thrilled to be with each other; so thrilled they couldn't sleep at night. Spouse and my brother stayed up to the wee hours of the morning discussing important things like guns and freedoms and stuff. My SIL pulled through for me and helped out at our primary activity on Saturday morning. Spouse and I did our best to convince them to move closer to us. After a morning at the zoo, they left for home around noon on Monday.


#1 and cousin - static heads


It wasn't like this all the time. #2 and his cousin were great playmates.


My good brother and my good Spouse still solving the world's problems.


Lunch break at the zoo.


SIL, brother and their little baby, outside the monkey village - at the zoo, people, not my house.



Quick change of bedding, bathroom cleaning and a trip to the grocery store and we were ready for our next guests, Spouse's parents, who arrived Tuesday afternoon. As usual they came bearing gifts, hugs and happy times for us. Grandma J tirelessly read to, played with and indulged my children with grandmotherly attention. Grandpa J treated us to movies, boat-rides, and many meals out (something we don't do much of anymore). They left us with full hearts, an extra 5 pounds for me, and a closet full of pressed shirts for Spouse.


#3 and her Grandpa at the Tempe Beach Park

#2, #3 and patient Grandma playing Sequence For Kids.


Spouse's dad is a real guitar player, so he caught onto Guitar Hero quite naturally. Spouse's mom is trying not to get sick from the rolling notes on the screen. I can relate.


#3 rockin' out on the drums


#1, with her Grandma at Mimi's for breakfast.


Now it's back to reality and the responsibilities I seemed to forget while our visitors were here. That is unless I can entice any more visitors our way...... (hint. hint).

6 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like tons of fun! I'm so glad you could have visitors for a while. AND. . .YES you are definitely A-list status and will receive an email invitation!

BigEd said...

The further from family I live, the longer I seem to be able to LOVE having them around. Glad you all had a good time.

Jami said...

Nothing better than visitors!!! How did you manage two right in a row??? The only bad part about visits from G&G is that you have to spend a week DE-spoiling them. Good luck with that.

MJ said...

I want to come down there soooo badly. Kem will be there in a few weeks. He hasn't booked his flights yet but when he does, he'll let you know so you guys can have fun without me. Boo hoo!

Mama Megs said...

Fun! Company is always nice...for a bit! If you have any questions about the Top Chef just leave me a comment on my blog and I'll answer you. I hope you're ready for a fierce competition! Are you cooking or is your spouse?!

DKAZ said...

Tons of fun. I don't know if I would have liked the meals out and extra five pounds or the closet full of presssed shirts...seriously a toss up. All looks like lots of fun. Now for the visitor let-down.
Who's up next?