Friday, July 17, 2009

Home

Wow. It's been a month since I abandoned this blog for the welcoming cool, green arms of northern Utah. Four weeks of family, cool nights, no cooking and no cleaning. I won't bore you (or cause envy to stir in your hearts) with all the familial details. However, to satisfy your curiosity I'll briefly highlight some of the pleasantest moments:


Brother Brig's wedding



Bear Lake with In-Laws

that is the Little Rat (#3) in the middle, laying out with her cute teenage cousins

Little Rat honing her gaming skills





an evening swing in Provo for #3, Nana and cousin J

picnicing in Green Canyon

Brother Miguel at the historical farm

#1 posing with the buffalo - oh, I miss those mountains!

old fashioned tea party at the historical farm



trying out the new swing at Grandpa's cabin


See. Just a few pictures. That wasn't so bad, was it?


And now if you'll allow me a few moments to reflect upon the joys of returning to the desert.

1) 105 degrees at 11:00 pm Sunday night when we pulled into the valley of the sun.

2) finding and catching a baby lizard IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!!

3) our lawn is dead.

4) free hot water (take that, suckas!)

5) eating asphalt as a result of running before the sun comes up (103 at 4:30 am)

Oh, so many joys. Too many to count.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Ah! So HOT! I don't envy you the heat. We're enjoying the lovely 80 degree weather here.

You look great! Seriously, awesome. And so does your fam. Glad you had fun.

daisy said...

I hear ya. You made me happy now to live in St. George where at least it cools to the 80's at night. So sorry.

Jami said...

You guys managed to do a little of everything while you were here! It was fun to see you. Although next year I am still fighting for an overnighter :)

birdie said...

so happy to have you back - i plan on being at llbc next week for a fond farewell.

guess what? now every time you go home for a visit, you can come and visit ME!! hooray!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

At least you got a break:-) Weird that you have a lizard...we have one for the first time ever. Kinda creepy. I keep having dreams that it is eating my nose..lol. Anyway, so glad you are home and that you had fun and got to enjoy so AWESOME weather!!

Erin said...

Lizards eat crickets....I rather have lizards any day!

Peterson Family said...

Don't forget soaking in a luke warm bath every day... in a non-heated pool. :)

I am so jealous of your trip to Utah. Not fair.

I can handle lizards... it's the scorpions that make my skin crawl. Luckily we (my parents) have cats, so our encounters are little to none.