Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Soccer

I've been tempted many times to write a post (or posts) dumping on the place where I live. There are a lot of stories to tell, many of which I bet most of you wouldn't believe or would think were embellished.

No crazy stories today. Just the opposite. Something I am totally proud about my community:

The soccer league!

It is well organized by a couple of friendly, funny, yet professional dudes in our area. The league is super family friendly and emphasizes participation and fun rather than competition and fine-tuned skills. There is a place for that, (like the republican party) but it's not for my inhibited 7 year old or my beginner 4 year old. The coaches are just dads and moms trying to give the kids a positive experience. Maybe everyone is this happy about their soccer leagues, I don't know. But I just love ours!


#2 is the smiling blond boy

I mean, look at #1's form. So wrong! Her confidence would have been immediately shattered had an aggressive coach tried to correct her.



Human tunnel to celebrate the win.....or loss.....who cares! they don't keep score! (what 'progressives')#1 is the blond in the pig tails - not the blond with the super long braids

seriously, look how happy those kids are.

4 comments:

Some Kind of Crazy said...

Super Happy! I saw a similar look on my husband's face last night when they called it for Brown. Super Happy!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great soccer league. How do you hear about things going on in our community like that. Is there a news letter I'm not getting?? I love your blog!
Holly Hoopes

Jami said...

Soccer in JANUARY???? Chalk that one up to one more perk of where you live. Glad the kiddos are having so much fun!

Erin said...

I totally agree, the Soccer league is awesome and so is the field we get to play at. I love seeing you run there in the morning! You look awesome in your pants ;)