Monday, August 2, 2010

Back to School Fashion

We are experiencing the excitement and the expense of having to purchase "school clothes" for the first time. #1 has been at a uniform only school for the past two years and even if it was a little annoying to have to pay for things I didn't necessarily like there were some big advantages:

1) No fuss about what to wear each day. Would you like to wear this light blue polo or this light blue polo? Khaki skirt or khaki shorts? Will you be wearing your long white socks today or the short white socks?

2) Very cheap. We only needed 3-4 identical tops (Friday was college shirt day) and 5 bottoms, 5 socks and one pair of shoes. For the entire year. There was no point in buying #1 clothes that she couldn't wear.

I will not deny that it has been just a little bit fun HAVING to spend money on cute clothes. Sometimes I fantasize about me getting a paying job so I would be forced to buy some nice clothes for myself.

So to commemorate this new experience for our family I have prepared a little treat for you readers: a back to school fashion show! It stars #1 and #2, my two school kids, and a few random shots of #3 who wouldn't be left out of the fun even though she isn't going to school and didn't have any new clothes to model. You may note a few things 1) the movie is short because they don't have very many new clothes and 2) #2 has considerably less face time (and not all of his clothes are new).... Lets face it, it was really about #1 all along.


Enjoy and happy back to school shopping!


.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you, Miss Fancy Pants! So cute they are. Don't forget there was also a choice of a dark blue polo. :)

Sweating in the endless heat said...

I love that blue jean dress with the red belt...so cute:-)

Peterson Family said...

Love the fashion show! Your little models are darling. :) I wish that we had uniforms, which would eliminate the whole 4,5, & 6 grade fashion contests. I am living it up with namebrand-less clothes while I can. haha

That goes for myself too... I refuse to pay more than $50 (at the very most) for a pair perfectly nice jeans. But I digress... ;)

DKAZ said...

#1 looks like she's right out of a jcrew ad in that cute little denim number. So pretty!

MegaPPod said...

Wow, you are getting pretty technical with your blogging. That is a very cute slide show, your brood is adorable, and that denim dress is too much for words. Fabulous. Good work mom.

Audrey said...

You'll appreciate then that my daughter had a drawer full of Gymboree outfits to choose from and I found two random, cute tops while we were at Goodwill looking at whatever and what did she pick to wear the first day of school? You guessed it--Goodwill baby!

moomycoz said...

I loved seeing them in their uniforms, but your video sold me on their new school clothes. Have you thought about going into advertising? That was so cute.

Jami said...

Isn't it crazy how much money it costs for back to school outfits!! It's another one of those moments that I stop and really appreciate all my parents did for me.

You know me I'll use any excuse to shop but more than that I love the memories we make on these little excursions.

Good luck to the kiddos and well...you too as you embark on this new school experience!