Thursday, March 29, 2012

A girl that's big


Great news everyone! #3 has finally learned to pump herself on the swing!

I ran inside to grab the camera and when I came out #3 was still beaming, excitedly proclaiming, "I'm not a little girl anymore! I'm a girl that's big!"

As happy as I am that she's is capable of swinging without my pushing her, her happy proclamation settled in my heart. It is so true. In many ways, she is not a little girl anymore. Every month, every week she sheds more and more of her baby ways. In August she'll start Kindergarten!

Maybe it's good timing. Our family should only have one baby at a time and come late August, #3 will have to relinquish her "baby-of-the-family" title to #4.

Yup. I said it.


Swing baby!



I'm sorry. I just had to add this one of Buster for juxtaposition. While my darling, little one was soaring high in her clean sun dress, my apparently red-neck son was shirt-less and barefoot gnawing the meat off a chicken leg.


Have I ever mentioned how Buster loves the feel of a bare chest? He would be shirt-less all day every day if I let him get away with it.

11 comments:

Erin A said...

What wonderful news!!! And a little sad to have a girl that's getting bigger.

Ben will also start kindergarten in the fall. I'm feeling just a little lost.

Unknown said...

Shut the front door! This calls for a giant squeeze from moi. Be prepared tomorrow...

Mama Megs said...

What?? What great news!! I can't wait to catch up tomorrow!!!

Jacqui said...

How exciting! Congratulations. I bet your kids are dying for that new baby. I hear you on your big girl, though. I'm just grateful Babe is a Sept. birthday so I get to keep her one more year.

Buster must be related to Ali's son, Jake. He would be in his undies all day every day if he could. Almost every picture I see of him, he's shirtless. Heck, if it wouldn't scare the neighbors and humiliate myself, I'd do it too. Definitely a nudist at heart.

Julie said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! I'll see you tonight!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Yeah!!! So exciting:-) We are expecting at the beginning of August with a boy, which is just crazy, but we are excited! Congratulations, and I hope you find out what you're having!

moomycoz said...

Those pictures capture the essence! I sure miss you all.

BigEd said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your already beautiful family! #3 seems like a sweet little soul and I'm sure she is excited about the news as well!

Delaps said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear what you are having!

Kasey said...

YAY!! I am so excited for you guys. Do you know what it is? Miss joking around with you.

Katie said...

So happy for you guys!

My #2 is also quite fond of running around without his shirt on. No matter the weather, I'll find him outside without a shirt!