Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break

Last week I had all my children home for spring break and today my house is suffering from quiet and emptiness. It was a lovely week of sleeping in, big breakfasts, play dates, picnics, no homework and no stressed out mom; it was perfect.

I love it when my children have space and time to relax and be themselves, uninfluenced by the pressures of school. They play well together, making up elaborate games and schemes. One afternoon they spent nearly three hours planning for, rehearsing, setting up and decorating for a "concert." I was lucky enough to score an invitation. It read: Your inbited to a consrt at 10:30 tonite. Fortunately, I persuaded the performers to change it to a time I would be awake.

Another afternoon I rounded up the children to head over to the park and found this in the girl's bedroom:


It was a wedding for Cheeky Cat and Pom Pom! I thought it was hilarious.

Of course we did a few things away from home too. Our annual excursion to Shamrock (dairy) Farm was one of them:


The weather gave us the star treatment for spring break. Sunshine, warm afternoons, a little wind - perfect for kite flying or bubble blowing.




Only nine more week of school and then they're all mine again! {If only our summer weather were as perfect as our spring break weather :( }

4 comments:

The Dowdy Family said...

Fun! Your kids are so beautiful! It is so fun to see how much they look like you and Matt! I hope you guys are great! Do you have plans to come to Utah this summer, I would love to see you! Jessi

Evelyn said...

Very fun. I'm so glad that you love to have your kids home so much. I know so many people who just don't think they'll survive days off of school or spring or summer break and can't wait for school to start again. Sometimes I feel like the only one who loves having their kids home with them. That said, I'm very much looking forward to a couple days off for Women's conference. Hah! Can't wait to see you!

Delaps said...

I was so glad to see a post. I have been missing you and our walks. Your spring break sounds so nice. Your girls hair looks so long!

Katie said...

I am so at that point with school and homework stress. School's kinda a love/hate relationship for me. It's nice to have some time in the day to run errands without 4 in tow, but I feel like I can never just ENJOY my boys when they get home. It's just me, getting on them to get everything done before bedtime! Can't wait for summer!

Looks like you had a fun spring break!