Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dude, Where's My Card?

Have you been stalking your mailman, camping by your mailbox or anxiously pining away for our family's Christmas card/picture/brag sheet? Well, you are not alone. We didn't forget about you. We forgot about EVERYONE.

Let me explain. We didn't forget. It just didn't happen. Very sorry. I hope you can make it through this Christmas season without our annual greetings.

But we have LOVED getting all of your card/pictures/cute letters. If you haven't sent yours yet, we won't hate you, yet. You have until December 31 before we are officially offended. But don't think that means you are getting something from us. If you feel like this is an unfair deal, just remember that it's Christmastime and it is always better to give than to receive.

As a token of our appreciation and goodwill to our friends and family I will bestow upon you the great honor of viewing some of our Christmas preparations in the form of photography. (These aren't just pictures anymore, now that I have my fancy new camera. They are Photographs.)


Christmas cookie mess making, I mean decorating. To avoid the overly-accessorized-to-the-point-of-inedibility cookies of years past I set a new rule this year: if you don't want to eat it, no one else will. Sprinkle, red hot and frosting usage was kept quite tame.





What Christmas would be complete without a visit to the temple to see the lights? Add some friends and warmish weather and you've got yourself a memory!




A morning at the park is just what the doctor ordered to stave off the excitement and subsequent energy of it being almost Christmas.




The kids have made up new games based around Christmas and our tree. Taking the packages out from under the tree and organizing them into piles or rows is called "Santa's Elves" and pretending to surprise each other with the presents is another one they call "Special Delivery"


Next year will be better. You'll get a card.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Peterson Family said...

love the 'card'!!

My kids favorite song was discovered on the radio (Beth and Bill's Funny Christmas Carols) on the way to school one morning when all of the sudden dogs started barking to the tune of Jingle Bells!! By far, our favorite song! :)

Of course that was more appropriate than the song we heard the next day of 'Walkin' Round in Women's Underwear'... though it's great for a chuckle!

MJ said...

I was totally one of the ones waiting by the mailbox. :) I guess it's only fair, seeing as we never send them any year. Maybe next year. I did have intentions to do a card, but I didn't like the family picture we had taken this year, so maybe next year. :)

Jennie Ellison said...

man, those are NICE pictures (sorry, photographs)!

Jami said...

Oh good. I was starting to think you just didn't like me anymore. Must have been a rough year for everyone...either that or lots of people don't like me anymore.

And now you see the reason we take our family pictures in September, INCLUDING Hallee's baptism pictures EVEN though she doesn't get baptized until this Saturday.
(That makes it sound like I was so relaxed and organized during the Holiday season...HA. Ya Sure).

Esther said...

You too! I actually have my Christmas letter all written up on the computer and I have nice cards that I was going to send. I even told my Mom last week (after Christmas) that I was still going to send them out - yeah right! There's always next year.