Saturday, December 26, 2009

Love came down on Christmas

There's a first for everything, even on Christmas Eve. Until this year we had never been invited to a birthday party for Jesus complete with birthday cake (with pumpkin cream cheese filling between two layers of chocolate buttermilk cake), Christmas Jeopardy (do YOU know the ingredients of figgy pudding?) and lots of yummy food.

After our own family's little Christmas Eve devotional the kids were tucked in their beds and Spouse and I put on "It's a Wonderful Life" while we began our work of wrapping and assembling.

I woke at 7:10 Christmas morning to silence and grayish streams of sunlight peaking through the blinds; the children were still asleep! The morning was full of excitement, joy and a big breakfast. Is there anything sweeter than children on Christmas morning? No. No there isn't.

***my apologies in advance for the state of my hair and the terrible pajama pants I was wearing. I swear they only appear once a year.****




4 comments:

DKAZ said...

Love it! Looks like a perfect Christmas Day-even with your pajama bottoms.

Some Kind of Crazy said...

I have some very similar Christmas pajamas. I love Christmas day when I can wear my pj's all day long!

And getting to sleep-in too? It sounds like a wonderful day was had by all!

Chris said...

Don't apologize for the pants. They're wonderful!!! Weef would love them and probably want them. :)

Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas. I didn't even break out the camera this year. I barely even ran the camcorder. I don't know what happened to the photographer in me ... I think he (not-so) secretly wanted to still be in bed, though similar to your story, our girls didn't get up all that early. Except #1 came down at 2:15 and announced that Santa had most definitel been there, "and there's a LOT!!" It was cute, but way too early. I tucked her back in bed and wasn't awakened again until 7-ish. Not bad!

Erin said...

I love the cross eye pic of Number1 She cracks me up!