Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A short lesson on death

#1 is always attempting to educate me. Just this morning while I was teaching her to tie her shoes she was persuaded that I was doing it wrong and that I should watch her. And that should answer your question as to why she is seven and can't tie her own shoes.... because she thinks she already knows how.

I recently received another illuminating nugget of intelligence from #1. In her best teacher to student voice she informed me:

When you die you have three choices. You can choose to be burned to ashes or be buried under the ground. The third choice is to be eaten by vultures.








Now you know why I'm so smart.

4 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Wow she is super smart! What a cutie...don't you just love when they say, "I know!", before you even get the chance to explain something to them:-/

I hope things are going good for you guys!?! I'm wondering if you want to do the Ragnar race again this next year...we need one more person:-)

Erin A said...

Those are 3 excellent choices. And besides a watery grave--which would technically fall under being buried--I think she's right. For the record, I choose being buried under the ground. I am an organ donor but hopefully not for the vultures' benefit.

Jami said...

Vultures hey? Interesting indeed! Don't you wonder WHERE they come up with these things??

Jacqui said...

Those pictures are prefect! I could only see her sweet little mug as I read the post, and then scrolled down right at the punch line to see her grinning at me. TERRIFIC post!