Thursday, January 6, 2011

JLJ 2.011 (and a late and short Christmas re-cap)

I'm not making a list of resolutions for this year. There is just one. Joy. This year I'm focusing on feeling joy, thinking positively and smiling and laughing more, even if it gives me more wrinkles. I'm not talking about pleasure. Hopefully, I'll have some in 2011. But I'm talking about a shift in attitude, a change in the way I internalize my life.

I've never been a fan of the glass-half-full-or-half-empty model. I'm too practical. If it's less than 50% full it is half empty and no positive attitude is going to change that fact. It's senseless to me to try to see things differently than what they really are.

I guess I'm concerned with what I do with (or how I feel about) whatever is in my glass. And this year (and hope for the rest of my life) I am going to choose to not just accept the fullness of my glass, but find joy in it.

And I'm really, really hoping that regardless of it's fullness that glass has Diet Coke in it.




Now for the late and short Christmas re-cap

Little angel, #3 dressed for her part in the Christmas Eve nativity pageant. Oh and just to inform you so the rest of my pictures make sense: We broke with our stay at home in AZ for Christmas resolution and drove (with a VERY large roof bag) to Northern Utah to be with family. And although we got plenty of snow while we were there, we drove on clear, safe roads :)


Buster sitting on Santa's lap at Grandma's Christmas Eve party. Isn't he a wonderful Santa? You can't tell very well in this picture, but his suit was gorgeous and his black boots were shiny with real reindeer spurs.


#1 and #3 on Christmas morning at Nana at Papa's house. We shared Nana and Papa with 5 other cousins. What could have been a chaotic morning was actually relatively tame and very, very fun.

Aaah, the Christmas afterglow.







And now, my gift to you:






Happy New Year! What are you resolving this year?

4 comments:

Jami said...

I'll split that glass of half full diet coke with ya! (Hey any is better than none right?) Cheers to us and a better 2011. Hope you had a great christmas!

Amy said...

mmmm.... now I want some diet coke. I will take some joy too. you are awesome.... I really like your resolutions.

that pic of you and matt is the BEST.

birdie said...

i really like that idea of living with joy - and that definitely needs to include diet coke.

so glad you guys had a great christmas! hopefully, we'll be able to connect on one of your trips up here!

Some Kind of Crazy said...

I'm already cold sitting here typing at my computer. While the picture of you two is darling...I see the snow in the background and shiver. I'm such a desert rat!

I'm right there with you on the resolution. Mine is a little different but when you boil it down, I'm hoping for the same result as you!