Thursday, January 20, 2011

Weekend Welcome

I'm looking forward to the weekend tomorrow, starting at precisely 3:25 pm. Nothing extraordinary planned. Maybe just some Harry Potter reading, a few bike rides and some tennis with #1.

Here are some pictures from last weekend's excursion to the Salt River.


In the spring this rock is nearly covered by water.


"Just be careful and don't get your feet wet!" I yelled from the side.


#3 loves this picture. Perhaps it's her authoritative pose with her arms folded and hip cocked out. And she is towering above her brother and sister. Yep, I'm pretty sure that's why she likes it.


Playing in the cat-tail skeletons. The kids burrowed tunnels and made "homes." This kept them busy for at least an hour. Spouse and I lounged in the warm sun. One of us was reading a Harry Potter book.

"Don't step in the water! Don't..."

Doh!
Two wet sneakers.



4 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

What a beautiful place to go:-)

Jami said...

um it is really not fair for you to post pictures like this when we are in freezing temperatures here in utah. thank you for your consideration of this matter in the future. (He he).

Some Kind of Crazy said...

That looks like a place my kids would adore visiting! I'll have to find out where it is!

Holly said...

Great pics, I missed some things when I left the blogging world. I just love that story about Ava singing in Target. What a great memory, too bad no one had a video, that would have been classic. Your kids are darling.