Thursday, May 19, 2011

By the end of this post you'll be convinced that 4 is the perfect age

Four years old is a pretty sweet age. Here's why:



1) Even though you're old enough to be potty trained and be independent you're still a little bit of this: ... which is great for mom who still wants a baby to snuggle but no poopy diapers.


2) You're not annoyed when you're woken up prematurely:




3) You're little enough to ride around on one of these...

...even if you're four pounds over the weight limit.




4) You're thrilled to open birthday presents .....

...even if it's just a box of band aids from your brother.



5) When your mom calls a few friends at the last minute and blows up some balloons...

.... you still think its a birthday party.





It's a good thing that four is such a great age because that is as far as this one is going to get. She doesn't know it yet but I've flipped her growing switch to off; she's going to be my precious four year old forever.


7 comments:

Jami said...

I'm so right there with you. I LOVE this stage. Old enough to somewhat reason with when it comes to discipline but young enough that they still want to cuddle with their momma! Love it!!

Erin A said...

I'm right there with you! Four is an adorable age!

Once you get the patent on that flipping switch let me know. I'll be buying one from you!

The saddest part for me is that I don't remember loving "4" as much with my older children--maybe because I always had a younger one who I was busy with changing diapers, cleaning-up messes, etc. (although I'm still cleaning up a lot of messes)

moomycoz said...

Yes, four is a great age. Those are precious pictures.

Evelyn said...

No! She can't be 4. She's still 2 in my mind. Adorable girl. I need that off switch also.

Katie said...

She is an adorable little 4 year old. Let me know how you figured out how to switch the growing switch...I'm trying to slow down my youngest too!

Vanessa said...

It was a fun party! Thanks for letting me hang out too! :P

birdie said...

loved this post, JL. Such a sweet age! Em is at that sweet stage (almost) right now, and I'm loving it!