Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


For me the best parts of mother's day are 1) getting the precious handmade stuff from my kids and 2) Spouse making dinner.



Precious Handmade Stuff From my kids:

{from #2}

My mother is: 34 years old (33. Ok, now you all know.)

Her shoe size is: 22 (minus 12 1/2)

Her favorite food is: nachos (I do enjoy a good nacho... once a year)

Her biggest wish is: to kiss me (Yep, that's all I think about.)

Her best friend is: me (So sweet!)

{from #1}

My mother weighs: 125 pounds (So close! Only off by a pound!)

Her favorite food is: Salad and porridge (Maybe I would be 125 pounds if I ate more salad and porridge.)

Her biggest wish is: to have the world made out of salad. (And I will rule with my deadly salad tongs!)


Spouse Making Dinner:

Oh, yes.

Forget a sharp dressed man, I need me a potato mashin' man.




Isn't this the way God intended things to be? Fathers passing down their gravy stirring skills to their sons?


Look how happy they are in that kitchen! Maybe I should put them in charge every Sunday.





These are the three best kids in the world:


6 comments:

Jami said...

Oh my goodness. Love kids view of their mommas. So cute! Glad you had a good mothers day.

Hey it's that time again...any plans for Utah in July? Can we squeeze in a girls night? Let me know :)

mandy said...

what a cute mom and kids photo- hope you have plans to frame it!

Evelyn said...

That is awesome. I received a similar "All about My Mom" sheet from my older two. It was so fun to read what they came up with.

Audrey said...

I can't believe she overestimated your weight by a pound! I mean 124 and you don't look an ounce over 110.
If it makes you feel any better, my middle child filled in the blanks about me. My mom is ____ BIG! He said and then he filled in this phrase: My mom is big like ____ a hippopotamos! (First of all, what kind of sick pre-school teacher creates the phrase "my mom is big like __" anyway?!?!? Only because I'm pregnant am I choosing to not have an eating disorder now.

moomycoz said...

You deserved every minute. Beautiful picture of you and the kids.

Holly said...

Happy belated Mother's Day to one of my favorite moms!