Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Goodbye to a beloved friend (of the mechanical kind)

Sad, sad news, folks. My beloved red Kitchen Aid mixer finally pumped out its last batch of bread. After eight years of love and toil, I am really missing my dear appliance.

At least I am comforted knowing its in Kitchen Aid heaven (it certainly earned its place). It served its purpose here on earth, teaching me how to make bread, showing me the joy of beating butter and sugar into stiff white peaks without my arm falling off, treating my family to whipped potatoes and whipped cream.

I can't count the batches of cupcakes, bread and other delightful goodies the red mixer produced for us. Wait, maybe I can. Let's see. Oh! Here we are: 1664, roughly.

Goodbye, my special kitchen friend.


As always, working behind the scenes.

4 comments:

Erin A said...

My condolences to you!

I've wanted a Kitchen Aid! I have a Bosch but it just doesn't seem to work quite as well for creams and cookie doughs.

Father's Day is sneaking up. I would imagine that with all the missing treats, he would be only too happy to receive a new addition to the household.

Julie said...

I'm so sorry! Mine is still hanging in there. It's been over 9 years now. It did stop working last year, but David took the whole thing apart, bought a $15 part, and fixed it up.

mandy said...

your mixer was good to our family too- treating us to all sorts of delicious batches! so long good buddy.

moomycoz said...

This is a major crisis. What is your game plan?