Thursday, May 5, 2011

Guess Where I Went

Alone. Without kids. {I guess that's what alone means.}

It was windy and cold.

Haven't guessed yet? I'll give you a hint. It's the only place I (we) ever go.

You got it! Utah! {or Nutah! as #2 calls it}

To see my little sister enter into marital bliss.


See:







I told you it was windy! This picture makes me laugh. Look at my wings! I know my mom isn't going to be a fan of this picture.




How's this Mom? Better?





Check out my sister's hair. Fan-see! I definitely got the short end of the hair gene in my family. Feathers, that's all I have.





My awesome brother in law, Bra. I didn't come up with that online alias, he did. He got new glasses. Aren't they awesome?

PS. They're fake. But he fooled everyone.




Brother Brig and his wife. Poor Brother Brig, he can't take a decent picture even when he tries. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't try.




Now here are some women who know how to smile for a camera!

sister Cait and Mom


After seeing the "wings" picture I insisted upon a second take, this time behind the wind. Much better, no?
Sisters. Sisters. There were never such devoted sisters.



It's not very often I get to be with my siblings, minus the many children among us. When I got home, #1 wanted to know everything we talked about. I told her the few uplifting stories that were shared then I had to censor the rest because we had stayed up way too late, and laughed way too hard to produce content appropriate for my 8 year old. Happy times.


I'm pleased to report that although I was missed much at home, Spouse took exceptional care of our children. He even managed to iron the pile of shirts that had been lurking on the ironing board for a week. Hooray for Spouse!

9 comments:

mandy said...

foxy earrings! thank you wind for showing those off!

annie said...

Is this the baby sister?! Wow. I think you have lovely wings.

M said...

Your ironing only sits on the board for a WEEK? Mine usually sits there for months...

Jacqui said...

Fun!!!

Audrey said...

Her hair is gorgeous! So is her dress. She looks tan too--must've been visiting you in AZ (wink, wink).
How fun!!! My daughter is dying to have a sister, but I can only seem to produce handsome, little men now. Your post makes me feel slightly guilty for feeling ready to stop with four.

Jami said...

Holy cow. Does your family not age? You all look gorgeous as always. So glad you got some sister time!

SRSJ said...

Beautiful bunch of sisters! The old actress/singer Rosemary Clooney had a song about devoted sisters that reminded me of you guys. Glad to see you all got together even if it was on a windy day.

Some Kind of Crazy said...

It all looks wonderful--even the wings! You have a beautiful family!

I have great memories of times together with just the sisters. We often quote the "White Christmas" reference to each other too!

Emily said...

You guys all looked so good! It's fun to see you when we do! P.S. It is ALWAYS windy in Daybreak, but Oquirrh Mtn. temple...the only downside to living in that neighborhood!