Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busted!

#2 got busted today in Nursery at church. Kicked out! For fighting and bullying. There is another boy in his class who is a year older, but much smaller, and pesters #2 relentlessly. #2 is not exactly advanced in the speech department and is unable to intellectually keep up with his classmate's tricky, teasing. So he pushes him over. I'm torn between the sympathy I feel for my speech-delayed two year old, who must feel so frustrated by not being able to say "Give it back" and the fear that #2 will grow up to be a hoodlum, getting kicked out of school, becoming a "bad boy." My mom assures me that this will not happen.

Any advice floating around out there in the blogisphere? How do I teach my good natured, high energy, extremely strong for his age, speech delayed son not to hit?

5 comments:

Megan said...

That would be EXTRA frustrating for both of ya! I didn't know you could get kicked out of nursery!
When you find out what to do please let me know, asap! I just learned that if Tal doesn't stop his hitting ways before kindergarten he will be suspended! Holy crap I don't want my kinder to get suspended! He is only in preschool now and tries anything he can to stay home... even says he needs a nap! If he were to find out all he has to do is hit, I would have to home school him!

daisy said...

My nephew went through a stage of pounding on my then 3year old (he was probably 2). He would just go up to her and start hitting for no reason. His mom tried everything. I guess he did this a lot to other kids too. He is now almost 4 and is a great kid. I wonder if some boys just go through this stage more aggressively than others. Good luck!

These are the times I don't mind having 4 girls.

Peterson Family said...

When you figure that one out, let me know. :)

Any ideas on how to get an Autistic kid to behave in Primary class? We had a rough Sunday as well... I feel you. The speech delay is rough at times.

Just be patient with him and maybe explain/model for him what you want him to do. You may have to go and stay with him in nursery to do that. There's my two cents. :)

Jami said...

Ya gotta love it! Chalk this up as one of those things you can tell him about when he is older. My only tidbit of advise is passed along by what has been told to me..."You children will become what you tell them they are." Stay positive with him and let him know what a great kid he is.
We should hook him up with Hope... WWF would have nothing on the two of them:)

MegaPPod said...

Matt's son Ryder was continuously bullied by a younger cousin. Matt finally taught him how to stand up for himself (which included shoving), and how to take his toys back. I am 100% behind him. So, let #2 get kicked out of Nursery school, at least he won't be coming home from school with his underpants pulled up over his head!