Friday, September 21, 2007

Jesus is a witch

Don't you think its a little tacky to serve funeral potatoes at a funeral?

(Funeral Potatoes are those bizarrely yummy potato casserole dishes made with tons of fatty stuff like cream of chicken soup, sour cream, butter, cheese.)

A couple of days ago this is what I watched #2 accomplish over and over again during lunch

That THING that is balancing in his nose is part of #1's Pollyworld set. #2 has made it his sword, and I guess nose adornment. He is fascinated with the possibilities of what his nose can hold. Other objects that have been stuffed into that orifice: huge nerfy bits that he chewed out of his football, many flavors of jelly bellies, (the obvious) peas and corn, several Polly Pocket pieces..... And the funny thing is that his nostrils are tiny. So in order to extract whatever lucky object is waiting inside, it is necessary for his nose to practically give birth, stretching to out of normal proportions.

Today #1 asked me if the Tooth Fairy is real. Unwilling to actually lie to her, I asked her what she thought. She first answered No, she can't be real. But then a look of horror flashed and her eyes grew big; she must have just connected the dots. If the Tooth Fairy isn't real, then the Easter Bunny can't be real and then......horror, panic......Santa Claus? She immediately changed her mind, Mom, I decided that the Tooth Fairy is real. This is the girl, who in her 4 year old logic concluded that Jesus is a witch.

No funny stories about #3 today. Just a terrible, mean, horrible little clip (that is also funny in a cruel, cruel way:




Ok, now that you must be thinking how horrible I am, let me please explain. I have just begun introducing rice cereal to #3 and on this day, she was very hungry and the cereal just wasn't going in fast enough. She had just let out a very different, begging sort of cry, one I'd never heard before and I really wanted to capture it. However, she never replicated the sound and after 30 seconds the poor girl had had enough so I turned the camera off. I promise I feed her and that she's happy. She didn't get to be nearly 16 lbs by starving!

One more random thought before I turn in for the night. 10-12 Sour Gummy Lifesaver can really clear up your sinuses. I'm breathing better right now than I have all day.

6 comments:

Jami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jami said...

I love the pictures of your kids. "#3" is sooooo cute and while she has a look of her own you can definately tell she belongs in the family.

Unknown said...

I'm glad other 2.5 year olds are fascinated with their nose. My little 2.5 year old ball-of-craziness has been stuffing anything in sight in it. The other day he had really stinky breath and I started worrying that something might just be rotting up there! Ew.

DKAZ said...

I think I personally saw you assist in a nostril birth...I believe it was a bean of some sort. I don't recall, nevertheless it was a miraculous moment. That would be really great if you could follow this up with some good video footage-HA!
Ava is a doll whether she's cooing, sleeping, or being tormented by her Mother-she's adorable!!!

Peterson Family said...

Your stories are hilarious!! Your kids are adorable too! I can't believe how grown up they are now... well, I guess that means mine are too! :) Time sure flies doesn't it?! I am glad to see that you are all doing well! Fun blog!

Sarah said...

I loved that video because I've totally goaded my kids as well. And yes, we are horrible, mean awful mothers not to give in to our kids' whims the very INSTANT they desire something. Oh well.

(I hope you don't mind, but I've linked you up to my blog - mind if I stalk around here every once and a while?)