Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Five hours of ME!

Today my friend watched baby #1 and baby#2 for me for 5 hours!  It was better than Christmas. In my excitement I woke up early, got us all ready and stalled until it finally turned 9:30 so I could drop them off. Then as I pulled away, with only baby #3,  a giddy feeling of euphoria fell over me.  I could do anything!  Be anything!  For 5 hours, just me! (pretty much - baby #3 is only four months and as easy as pie) So with this precious time just for ME I managed to buy ballet shoes for #1, return a pair of gaucho length pants at ATL (they make my calves look huge - anyone else?), get decorations for the baby shower I'm giving in two days, get #3's pictures taken (despite the devastating puke she spewed all over her new, clean, ironed, cute outfit WITH matching bow) grocery shop for the shower I'm giving in two days, and take MYSELF out to Jason's Deli so I could enjoy a quiet meal by MYSELF.  (Ten years ago I wouldn't ever have eaten out alone.)  Once we all were home I had to pay homage to the clean house that I know is in here somewhere.  Well, enough about me.




3 comments:

Sarah said...

You amaze me, woman! If I had five hours of me time I wonder if I'd even get out of my bed. I'm glad you got to Jason's Deli at least on top of all the other errands you were able to get done.

Didn't you just know #3 would rupe all over herself the second you got her dressed this morning? I've never gotten professional photos taken of either of my two girls. It's one of those things I've been "meaning" to do but that's not going to be a good enough excuse for them in 20 years when they realize I was a terrible mother who never got it done.

Thanks for entering my contest! I'm glad to know about another reader out there :)

birdie said...

Thanks for all of the grocery shopping for yours truly. You're a cookie.

I 2nd your gauchos observation: only for the bean-calved woman. I'm so glad we see eye-to-eye on this issue (or should I say calf-to-calf). A joke so lame it confirms why I never succeeded in writing humorous greeting cards. Now humorous t-shirt slogans, on the other hand, that's a different story....

Evecall said...

I so know what you are saying...now that Ethan is in prek twice a week, I feel like a new person. I even took a nap today!! I knew having my first kid at 17 would pay off some day! Ha! Ha!