Friday, September 28, 2007

cupcakes and quiche


#1 made dinner last night. Thank goodness, because I didn't know what I was going to make. But #1 volunteered and she actually did 90% of the work. She chose recipes from her kids-meal-prize cookbook: cupcakes and mini cheese quiches. The recipes were written out in picture form, so she could actually "read" the recipes. It was so cute to watch her cook and feel so responsible. #1 has a very limited pallet and I'm sure if I had made quiche for dinner she would have turned her nose up at it. However, because she was the chef, she ate every bite, even if it was with a bit of disgust. I have to give the girl credit, she didn't complain once. Maybe I should have her cook more often.

4 comments:

Peterson Family said...

That is way too cute! Look at her... skip kindergarten and get her into a culinary class!! :) I love it!

-Alissa

Jami said...

So this is the secret to your success! Child slave labor...Sign me up!

Amy said...

cute, cute, cute kids you guys! and G*R*E*A*T idea, I am going to have to give it a shot... only thing is -- my kids idea of a good dinner would be to bake choc. chip cookies (and ice cream -- yes they would SOMEHOW bake it) -- actually that sounds kind of good -- not the baked ice cream but cookies with frozen ice cream... (on and on and on, I know...)

did #1 or #3 make the dinner? hahaha... jk, I know... even though I seriously did get a little confused.

have a fun weekend! you will have to check out my blog in the next couple of days to see our INSANE weekend.

JLJ said...

Thanks Amy. Yes it was #1 not #3 who made dinner, that would have been pretty miraculous to see a four month old do that! I've edited the post to read correctly.