Tuesday, October 2, 2007

mama's takin' us to the zoo

This is the cage I put #2 in when he misbehaves.
Ok, it's really the giraffe look-out at the zoo. We got there at about feeding time, so I fed them my kids. (Still joking here) We did arrive at feeding time so we saw the two ton rhinos munching their breakfast, as well as the two story tall giraffes. The rhinos didn't eat the giraffes for breakfast, the giraffes ate their own breakfast. ( Is thing on?)

The zoo was hot and humid, but a good time. The kids begged for overpriced churros and #2 couldn't keep his hands and mouth off the urine soaked ropes in the monkey habitat. We watched a mother orangutan playfully wrestle her little baby and then stroke the baby's back with her long so-human-like finger. Just think, in a few hundred years her kind will have taken over the earth and they'll be feeding us humans like pets.

In honor of the Biggest Loser (which I totally am, and not in the weight loss way) which I'll be watching tonight alone, I've made a double batch of snickernoodle cookies. Sweet spouse teaches a class at ASU on Tuesday nights so I've made a habit of eating fatty treats while I watch other fatties get fit. It's a double edged sword; I feel 1)totally inspired and motivated by these amazing people to get in better shape myself and 2) like I'm not even close to being that fat so I might as well just keep sitting on my can stuffing cookies down the hatch. You see, I justify my cookie binging as a way to ensure that I'll do an extra long run in the morning.

4 comments:

Amy said...

that last paragraph was HILARIOUS... and sadly, too too too familiar!

daisy said...

Okay, that is crazy because I also like to watch Biggest Loser...and eat treats while doing it...and my husband also teaches a class on Tuesday nights....at DSC no less. Who knew our lives could be so much the same... I on the other hand will not be running tomorrow morning.

birdie said...

run a few laps for me, will ya? my big ole' pregnant self is too busy "baking" nestle ready-made cookies for myself (and sometimes Andy) every night.

Megan said...

there is a half a cake downstairs calling my name..."megan, eat me." and until I read your blog I was fighting it, but now that you put it all in to perspective for me I see no reason why NOT to give in to the butter cream frosting and rainbow chip cake in the shape of lightning McQueen! you make me laugh!