Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Da da-da DA: I'M OLD

I've tried to fight it; I've done my best to avoid it, but today the inevitable has happened. I'm thirty, 30 aka, old. To celebrate this fated day and in an attempt at self confidence, I'm going to divulge 30 facts about myself.

1. Born around 2:00 pm
2. Hate red meat (and ham)
3. Voting for Mitt Romney, not because (4) I'm Mormon but because he's the most qualified.
5. Almost drowned in a lake when I was 5, my dad saw my hair on the top of the water and dove in to save me
6. Love backpacking, hiking and mountains
7. Traveled to Isreal when I was 15
8. First crush was a boy in my 3rd grade class named Matt McKormick
9. Have had many, many roadside emergencies (not the car, me)
10. When I plan a meal, I start with dessert and base everything around that
11. When I'm pregnant I can't drink Diet Coke, it makes me sick
12. Met Adam Duritz, (from Counting Crows)
13. Wish I was an opera singer
14. Usually gain around 55 pounds when I'm pregnant
15. My older sister and I shared the same bed until I was 12
16. Love BYU Cougars!
17. Water skiied in my underwear
18. Married my high school sweet heart
19. Good at driving in the snow
20. Love Shakespeare
21. Been arrested and went to jail
22. Wrecked on a motorcycle (dirt bike)
23. I'm the opposite of a perfectionist, I'm a get-it-done-ist
24. Purposely burned my sister's neck with a hot curling iron (So sorry Jess)
25. Ran a marathon
26. For many years growing up, I used to wake up at 5:00 am to practice the piano.
27. Don't get offended very easily
28. Offend very easily (sorry everyone!)
29. Love a good controversial conversation
30. Don't listen to music anymore, just talk radio

Since it's my birthday (finger snap across my face), I get to ask for unreasonable things, right? So I want you, gentle reader, (that includes you, all you stalkers who never leave comments) to leave me a comment with an interesting or boring fact about yourself. You can be anonymous, I don't mind.

Now I want some cake. Happy Birthday me.

14 comments:

Jami said...

Happy Birthday Jenilynn...I'm one of the stalkers...so sorry, but it's been fun to keep up with you and your cute family. It has been too long since I have seen you. Jami, Adree, the kids and I are hanging out in Park City for a couple of days. We're having fun and I love spending time with the girls. Well, I will try to leave a comment once in a while. I loved your list of 30 things about yourself. Trust me. . .your not old! Just amazing for someone your age!!!!
Cathy

KJ said...

So if you are "old", what am I? Happy birthday!

KJ said...

I forgot my fun fact...one of my favorite foods is corn on the cob.

MJ said...

With all the fun facts you have about yourself KJ, THAT is the one you came up with. My fun fact is I "almost die" a couple times a week. KJ gets on my case for thinking that I really didn't almost die. Fortunately he is right some of the time, but sometimes I really almost do die... or get really hurt, which some people would say is probably worse than dying. Unfortunately we can't actually ask a dead person which is worse.

daisy said...

That was a great Birthday tribute to yourself. Fun to Read! Here is a boring fact about myself: My favorite part of a T.V. show I am watching is the preview for the next weeks show...I can't live without it. Got to see the "next time on..."

Happy 30th!

birdie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peterson Family said...

Well, JL not my finest moment... but I too burned my little sis. with a curling iron one time, I have always felt bad about it, and she likes to tease me about it now. :)

One FUN fact about me is that I love to do voice impressions, 'Barney the Dinosaur' is my best. A boring fact is that I love to do absolutely nothing sometimes, no noise, no where to go, nothing to do but veg... very lazy but very therapeutic! :)

Megan said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I want to hear more about the being arrested and in jail thing and I love that you plan meals around dessert... but who doesn't do that?
Fact: I hate dirt, dust, sand or anything with that same texture and makes me feel dirty. It actually gives me chills just thinking of it on my skin

Jami said...

Happy B-day! It was so fun seeing you the other day-I just wish it could have been for longer!
hmmm...interesting fact hey? I'm going to have to think about this one for a while. I guess one sad fact is that I have had more root canals than you can count on BOTH hands. YOWZER!

Cygnus said...

30 is NOT old!!! It's a great age! Half the people in my office are over 50, some are over 60, and more than 75% are over 40. I'm the spring chicken of the office. Well, one of them. Okay, not really. But still . . . I'm not 40, much less 50 or 60. THAT's old. :)

Congratulations on reaching the 30 milestone. It's a feat, to be sure.

I'm with Jami in requesting more details on the arrest and jail thing. That's hilarious. If it makes you feel any better, I have too, and I'm sure it's for something much more stupid than yours. Game on!

happy mom said...

well, happy birthday! I am 30 (did not realize that we are the same age) and I am not old!!!

we have some common things about us, I don't get offended but offend easy, and other things.

I don't however like to talk controversy.

It was good to see you, and I am glad that we have our blogger world to keep in touch.

happy mom said...

Hey, I also wanted to tell you that, well my comment on your weight may have been creepy the other day, but I didnt' mean for it to be, hopefully it wasn't in your mind. I was just thinking that on here you sound like you don't think that you look good. or that you are not happy with how you look or will look when the "sick weightloss" comes back on. and I just want you to know that I think you are beautiful, and you should(if you are not) be happy with yourself. Not creepy okay?

MegaPPod said...

Happy Birthday. I love your tribute to yourself. 30 is great. Maybe you should just aim to pack 30 years' of experiences into one year so that next year at this time all your readers are just as entertained.

Evecall said...

Happy Bday! You suck that you got to live out your 20's a little longer than the rest of us! One thing that people probably know but I try to hide is that my car is always a mess! I dont mean the run of the mill kind I mean like I dont clean my car more than twice a year. I have seriously found some interesting science projects in the back seat. Sadly it doesnt bother me, if my house is messy I go crazy but the car doesnt even phaze me!