Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So long, farewell...

Tomorrow I will wake up sweating and running, packing and cleaning.  Then around high noon, the gold jeep, which will be filled with my family will pull out of the driveway and head north on the interstate.  A big turkey and lots of family awaits us in the north country.  That means snow and freezing and such. I shopped my legs off last night trying to outfit my little ones for the harsh weather on a shoestring budget.  Here are ten things I'm looking forward to:

1) Seeing my brother who is on leave from the army where he's been serving in Afghanistan and still has 6 months to go.

2)Waking up at 4:00 am to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving with my mother-in-law.  She is 70, but is the best shopper I know.

3) Pigging out on Thursday.  I was pretty sick last week and lost about 13 pounds..... It'll be nice for once not to feel totally guilty.  

4) Talking politics with my liberal brother and my feisty mother.  

5) Seeing dear friends like these and these.  

6) Spouse not working.

7) Littlest sister getting hitched.  I love weddings.

8) Staying up late talking with my family (or kicking everyone's butts in Cities and Nights)

9) Spending the night at my in-laws beautiful cabin in the canyon.

10) Having the chance to shower EVERYDAY!  YAY!

Faithful blog readers (all three of you), never fear.  I will check in a few times while I'm in the land of perpetual cold.  There is a very important post coming up next week, so be sure to check back.

8 comments:

MJ said...

You better tell me what this important post is when I see you. You clearly know what everyone's first thoughts are... I hate that you just left us hanging ;) Have a fun and safe trip and the cold welcomes you.

daisy said...

Now I wish we were heading up north. Have a great time! My favorite thing when I visit family is to say up late talking, too.

DKAZ said...

Hope the drive up the interstate was good-and no bunnies or bumpers were hurt along the way. It's cold in Provo-I'm sure Logan is a sunny paradise.

happy mom said...

Well, I hope we will be seeing, I think we come up Friday and then for Shannons wedding.

So do you normally not have the oportunity to shower daily?

Hope you had safe travels.

Jami said...

Ummmmmmm....I think I should be offended. You are not excited to see ME? HOW RUDE!

Katie said...

Thanks for the shout out! And, I'm glad you didn't feel guilty about pigging out on Thursday. . . you were a SKINNY MINI!!! It was good to see you in the grocery store and will be wonderful to have you guys HOME for a few days!

Peterson Family said...

Have a blast!! We'll be thinking about you while we are sweating here in AZ... :)

MJ said...

I'm so dumb. I know what your post is going to be about.