Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tribute to #1, as she turns 5




She's five! My baby, #1 is five! Born on November 10, 2002 at exactly 6:01 pm she weighed a whopping 9 lbs 2 ozs. Five years ago, #1 was in the NICU trying her hardest to breath. I was wiped out by strong pain medicine and hardly aware of the crisis going on upstairs. #1 has always been an ideal child. She was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks, eating 8 ounces of formula every four hours (take that you breast-feeding Nazis!) By two she was singing the ABC's and aiming to please. When #2 was born, she threw herself down our stairs begging for attention. Of course, I am so proud of #1, in every way. Her greatest talent is making friends. Everywhere we go she makes a friend, or two or three. When our neighbors moved in over a year ago, being the Christian people that we are, we never introduced ourselves. They seemed very different, and I totally regret that. We probably would have gone forever without talking to them if it hadn't been for #1. What a precious talent!

Here are some pictures to commemorate #1's 5th birthday

three months old



one year old

Valentine sweetheart, two years old


Disneyland train, 2 1/2 years

on her 3rd birthday

4 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Oh, I love this post. She is such a beautiful girl. The two year old picture of her is exactly as I remember her... man I can't believe our kids are 5. Insane. She's just beautiful... HAPPY BIRTHDAY #1!!

Jami said...

She is so beautiful! I can't believe how fast time flies.

happy mom said...

She is so cute, what a sweet tribute. It is nice to get to know you better.

and to the paint, I am going very slowly so no need to push it over days, and eat only PB. :) I actually hate painting walls, but as long as I keep my pace I think I can handle it! maybe.

MJ said...

She is so cute! I cannot believe she is 5. It kills me that the boys will be 3 this year. I liked your tribute.