Monday, November 5, 2007

tight jeans

I'm sitting here hoping to stretch out the new jeans I'm wearing.  They are the Modbe naomi jeans.  The promotional material promised that these jeans were cut to fit the typical 30 year old, three kids later and STILL look hip. We're not talking Mom Jeans here.  It may have been manipulatively flattering to also claim that these jeans run big, so order down a size.  I'm a sucker.  Five months post-natal and I've still got at least 10 pounds to go...... I definitely should not be ordering a size down.  But I did. When the package arrived I excitedly ran to the bathroom to see my out of shape body transform into sleek, hip, expensive jean hott-ness.  NOPE!  It was like putting on panty-hose; coaxing the pant leg up.  I could barely button them. My bum looked like link sausage against my legs.   They were so tight I started to sweat and then I had an even harder time peeling them off.  

I've kept the jeans around for a couple of weeks with the irrational hope of loosing enough weight to fit into them before we head to Utah for my sister's wedding.  Today I emailed the company with my problem and this is what they replied, "The jeans are made with Lycra so they do tend to stretch when you wear them. If you haven't already, I would suggest wearing them around for awhile and see if they stretch out at all."  

This was just enough encouragement to give them one more try. So here I am, watching the clock tick, waiting for the denim death grip around my thighs to loosen.  How much time should I give these babies?  When do I face the music and admit I will never fit into these "size down" jeans. Oh I wish, I wish, I wish these jeans would fit!

To be continued.....

8 comments:

MJ said...

They will. Just wear them a little bit longer.

Jami said...

This is great! I have heard a lot about these jeans but not from anyone who has actually tested them out. I will be waiting anxiously for the final verdict. Oh, and the $80 check that is going to mysteriously show up in my mail box so I can actually afford them!

DKAZ said...

Oh boy are you speaking my language! These days I'm really grateful for elastic-sad but true. Just remember that pain is a small price to pay for fashion.

Megan said...

I am rooting for you and the jeans! It gives me hope. I am going to go put on a pair of jeans that don't fit to swell and give it a go.
oh, try doing some squats in them.

Adree said...

Oh great I just bought a pair yesterday at a Mod B party.

P.S. I'm Jami's Litter sis if you forgot :)

Sarah said...

Blech! I hate having to stretch out jeans. I always have to do the "tight crotch" dance after washing my jeans. Don't worry though, there is no better motivation to loose weight than some awesome pants!

Peterson Family said...

You are Miss Fitness!! An my total inspiration... I am sure that it will be only a short time and those babies will be too loose. I took an aerobics class and the instructor totally reminded me of you (and she was in VERY good shape)! Meg's right, do some squats and lunges that might loosen things up... :)

Anonymous said...

I sell Modbe and I am in LOVE with these jeans as well. Hey Jami if you would like to try these Jeans out I will give you a 30% off discount! Email me at Ashleemax@hotmail.com