Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Can I complain?

I don't mean that rhetorically.  I really want to complain.  I feel like whining and whimpering until everyone agrees that I've got it bad.  Pooh-hooo.

1. MY DISHWASHER IS BROKEN!  Yes, broken. I've been washing dishes by hand for two full days now.  Soooo many dishes.  Tonight as I made dinner I tried to economize, using the same bowl over and over so I didn't have to wash more.  Spouse and I have been too busy to even think about a plan of action. (I know. I obviously have enough time to write this post.)

2. #2! If you've been reading this blog for more than two weeks, you'll know that #2 is a challenge. I love that Buster more than anything, but some days are harder than others.  Today he was a fierce wild animal at his well-child visit.  With sweat dripping off my forehead, I wrestled him to the table so he could be examined.  There were immunization shots too. And then we went to this awesome park with a huge lake so the kids could blow off some steam and #2 managed to nearly drown himself, falling over the edge into the 5 foot deep water.  My heart is still recovering.  (Amazingly, as I was running in what seemed like slow motion, I watched him bob up and down a few times then grab onto the concrete ledge. He held his head out of the water until I got there) 

3.  MY FOCACCIA BREAD SUNK! Easiest bread on earth to make and somehow mine turned out like a thick cracker.  

4. MIKE HUCKABEE. Although, I feel a bit of satisfaction knowing he lost three states tonight.

5.  I'M PETERING OUT. Ok, when I started this email I felt like this list could go on and on. I guess getting it out has helped me feel less whiney.  

Thanks for the free therapy.  


7 comments:

MegaPPod said...

Dishes are the worst household chore in my book. I am glad #2 didn't drown, I can only imagine what was going through your head as you try to save him while keeping the other 2 kids out of danger. Mike Huckabee. Seriously. Maybe we should have just let the South go their own way.

Peterson Family said...

That stinks about your dishwasher?! Is it still under warranty? I hear that the Sears repair center repairs things pretty cheaply (cost wise) but you MIGHT have to get it to them... probably just easier to pay someone to come to you (maybe they come out too?). Bummer.

It's one of my nightmare's to have one of my (active) boy's fall into a body of water... I am glad that you were right there and that he found the edge. How scary!!

Jami said...

This is what I love most about blogging. It gives us a forum to vent and a support group of listeners. I always feel better when I know someone else out there has bad days too. Thanks for sharing! (PS - I'm glad #2 is okay)

birdie said...

What?! Your foccacia bread sunk? Come on JLJ - that has GOT to be the EASIEST bread on earth to make. Seriously. I mean, my foccacia always turns out perfect (although when I picked it up last time at Fry's, the baker burned the crust).

Did you really want to tag me, btw? Not sure if I'm up to that creative task...

birdie said...

What?! Your foccacia bread sunk?! Come on JLJ, that has GOT to be the easiest bread to make - ever. I mean my foccacia always turns out perfect (although last time when I got it home from the store, the crust was slightly burned...)

MJ said...

Of all things, the focaccia bread? You are cursed!

Glad Buster is alright. What a scare!

DKAZ said...

I can't believe he went in. Wait, yes I can. I just can't believe you didn't just have a heart attack right there and then. Glad that day is over huh.