Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Kid's Chance 5K

I know this picture looks exactly like the last race picture I posted. Same people in the same order, in the same pose. I'm even in the same clothes. OK! I admit it! I have two shirts I like to run in, and one pair of shorts. So chances are if I'm in a running picture, I'll be wearing the same thing.

This was a good race for me. I ran a lot faster this time trying to keep up with the two girls on the right of the picture. Since I'm older than them, I ended up placing third in my age group.


In case any of you are mistakenly thinking that I'm a fast, good runner. I'm not. Let's just say there was a time in my life when I thought running as fast as I do now was pretty much like walking. It's all good. My goals are small and attainable, not ambitious.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations on 3rd place! That's awesome. You continue to inspire me and make me feel like a slug at the same time.

MegaPPod said...

You are awesome! Between you and Julee (who I talked to today) who just finished a triathalon, I am inspired. Not sure to what end, but inspired nonetheless. Congrats.

birdie said...

Definitely an inspiration, but somehow I'm still not able to get my buns up and going.

btw, I didn't even notice the repeat outfit. Well, I was wondering when you have time to wash those shorts since you wear them everyday :)

MJ said...

I'm totally a has been. I swear I don't want to admit when I last ran. That treadmill in the basement is collecting dust, as are my running shoes. I could really use some endorphins, but I have stooped to drinking caffeinated pop. Too bad they can't make diet coke with endorphins. Now THAT would be a hit. I might just have to blog about that.

Peterson Family said...

Wow JL. I am as impressed as always! You look great! Good for you! :)

Megan said...

I almost did this race, now I am bummed. maybe you could send me a list of the runs you are doing so I can run stalk you!