Monday, March 17, 2008

Power Outage

Our power went out for about 4 hours this afternoon (of course, the first thing I do when it comes back on is blog about it).  Our friendly neighbors came over to invite us to the park to fly their new kite.  While I was getting #2 and #3 ready to go, #1 stood in the doorway talking with our 5 year old neighbor, Kevin.  This is what I overheard:

#1:  Look, even the light won't go on!  That's terrible!

Kevin:  That's because the electricity is gone.  We need to pay the bill.

#1: No, you only have to pay when you don't stop at a red light.  


Without boring you with details, I recently paid a $230 traffic ticket for running a red light.  I guess it's my fault the power went out!


2 comments:

Jami said...

That is the greatest conversation! Sorry about the traffic ticket. YOWZER!

MJ said...

Hey I just got a traffic violation, but I was speeding. I was jamming to Lenny Kravitz and didn't know I was speeding until I saw the cop (which is what happens to everyone, I'm sure. We never purposely speed ;) I went to traffic school last night and was taught the class by the same officer who pulled me over. It was a little eerie, but luckily he had been a fair officer. If not, I would have had words for him.

Hey make sure you pay this one. You don't want to end up in jail again.