Saturday, June 21, 2008

Swimming Lessons



Swimming lessons for #1 and #2 were a success. Things looked pretty gloomy on the first day. #2 cried, screamed and resisted with every stocky inch of his body. But being the alpha-male minded boy he is, he soon relinquished control of his power to his dominant teacher and succumbed to learning how to swim. #1 went from good to better. She is a slow, methodical swimmer, but has a calm confidence in her ability to get to the other side. Enjoy the video presentation:




What this doesn't show is me, completely drenched in sweat, trying to move as little as possible. And poor, suffering #3, bright red faced and hair matted to her head. It was merely 111 degrees outside.

6 comments:

birdie said...

YAY! Go #1 and #2. I especially loved the video of #2 at the very beginning of the swimming lessons.

Evelyn said...

Wow! Way to go #2! And #1 swimming all the way across the pool! I'm so impressed! My kids have been in swimming lessons for a week now and are nowhere near the progress that #2 made. You must have a really good teacher as well as motivated kids.

Jami said...

Okay I have SO Been wasting my money on swimming lessons. Hallee has taken numerous group classes and would have a hard time keeping up with L. And #2....WOW. very impressive. I think it is time to find someone who can do private lessons or at least get them out of the local rec center where some high school kid needed a job.

DKAZ said...

WOW, who knew that #2 would end up doing so well after the Day one struggle? They both looked great and I feel your pain or rather your sweat when it comes to sitting out at swim lessons!

Erin said...

This video made me laugh! The kids were great Jennie Lynn. I am SO proud of them both and thank you for letting me teach them!

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh, I am amazed at how well they swim! That's awesome! Hopefully we will make some progress at our first swimming lessons this summer. (I think this video just inspired Alyssa to really think she's old enough to do it.)
Can't wait to see you in July!