Monday, August 18, 2008

It's not everyday...

You get a free ipod touch.

And then leave it on your back bumper not 5 minutes after leaving the store.

It's not everyday that after realizing said ipod never made it into the car that you retrace your steps hoping without reason that you'll find the black box on the black road, in the dark.

And after defeatedly giving up you see it in the middle of a busy road.  Box flattened, contents spread out across the lane just as another car runs over it.

It's not everyday that you decide to go pick up the pieces, just because it's too sad to leave it like roadkill.

And you discover that somehow, despite the appearance of carnage, your ipod is intact, unscratched and works perfectly.

Except for the ear buds which are smashed.

Three cheers for Apple who makes the world's most indestructible packaging!




[That piece in the bottom left of the picture is what held the ipod. It is made out of titanium or something indestructible like that.]


12 comments:

daisy said...

That is pretty amazing! I

Shawna said...

Oh my goodness! Luck is on your side! That is amazing. What a funny post.

Jami said...

Wait. FREE I pod: LUCKY. Leaving it on the back of your car: NOT SO LUCKY. I-pod still working: UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY.

LUCK WINS.

(and I still want to know HOW it is you got a free i-pod?)

MegaPPod said...

Any secrets on how to get a free IPOD? I would have been crying.

DKAZ said...

Free? I never saw a blog post about your touch being rough or not fitting in your purse well?

More importantly what is your number so I can start blowing your phone up (and by that I mean calling you)?

birdie said...

What?! Where in the hooha did you get a free IPod? It's fabulous that it's still working after that unfortunate mishap, but what I really want to know is where can I get one?

Peterson Family said...

That is really amazing!! I would write the guroo's at iPod and tell them your story, who knows... maybe you'll be in the next commercial! :)

What I really want to know, HOW DO I GET A FREE IPOD??? That is so cool.

Iva said...

I second the motion to find out how to get a free i-pod touch.

JLJ said...

ok ok OK! Here is how to get yourself a free ipod touch (not iphone, sorry to disappoint DKAZ):

Go to apple store. Buy computer and be sure to show your faculty/student id to get your discount and receive your FREE IPOD TOUCH. (Spouse teaches at ASU as a side gig.)

Every fall just before school starts Apple will do some sort of back to school promotion and this year it happens to be a free ipod touch. (In addition to the discount). You can get the 8G for free ($299 value) or pay an additional $100 to get the 16G ($399 value) or an additional $200 to get the 32G (a $499 value).

So now you can all go out and get your free ipod touch - just be more careful than we were and don't let it get run over!

Audrey said...

So, are you looking for ipod to start sending you a check now since Shabby Apple wanted to kick your butt for your negative comments? Am I going to see you in a commercial while I'm watching the Olympics? I just want to know.

MJ said...

Yes, it will be a lot nicer when Apple contacts you.

That is hilarious! Love the story! It's like your in a movie.

So when you buy another new computer, let me know, I'll pay you for your free incentive.

Jacqui said...

Wow. Great story! I love the feeling you get when something bad has happened, and then you find out that it's okay after all! I am looking forward to reading your schooling dilemma...