Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week Four

Here it is folks, what you've all been waiting for! My summary of the fourth and final week of our stay in the promised land, aka Utah. We were hosted by the generous and patient In-Laws. The children were treated to many an indulgence such as in impromptu tea party with cousins, school shopping with Grandma, breakfast made to order, a pioneer day treasure hunt and for the ladies (#1 and #3) a Fancy Nancy party complete with boas, high heels and parfaits. The week also included: a visit to the Jensen Historical Farm, where #2 chased a goat and #1 helped churn butter; a performance at the Utah Festival Opera for #1, and I; water-skiing for #2 and I compliments of Brother BJC; a massive family reunion for Spouse's maternal grandfather's side with a rope swing, tree house and corn on the cob; and an arduous and long drive home for the whole family.

Until next summer.....


#1 with her grandfather at massive family reunion

#3 with sweet 13 year old cousin.... look out 8th grade boys!

My little pioneers at Jensen Historical Farm just after #2's shirt was nibbled on by a defensive mother goat.

In the barn just after #3 was nearly attacked by an angry turkey. #2 was on the spot and chased the possessed turkey out of the barn.

#2 and I on the lake, between skiis. How I love to ski.


****Addendum*** However I came to neglect to mention one of the shining highlights of Week Four I shall never understand. How could I forget the the excitable nausea that comes with drinking large amounts of diet coke in the middle of the night, mixed with insane laughter as the wee hours tick into the morning? The lovely ladies of my former high school days are 2 cool 2 be 4 gotten. A picture would have been a nice addition to this post.... wouldn't it Jami? But some people insist on having private blogs so there will be no linking to a beautiful digitally scrapbooked page of this joyous H.S. girls SLC getaway, as I uncharacteristically forgot my own camera. Thank you Mom-In-Law for watching my little ones AGAIN so I could par-tay like it was 1995 (minus the Dr. Martins). *****

4 comments:

Jami said...

Um HELLO? I am pretty sure you forgot the most important part of week four. Need I say more?

I will expect an addendum(sp?) soon.

DKAZ said...

Why in a boat on a lake with a child sitting on your lap do you still look cool? I can't even be in my house with a swim suit on and a child on my lap without being sweaty. Hope you're over your PV blues. Looks like fun!

Jami said...

Now wait a minute. I e-mailed you the pictures the day you asked for them. They didn't come from my netzero account but a hotmail one. It may have gone straight to your junk mail account since it wasn't a e-mail account that it recognized. BUt thanks for the addendum anyhow. :)

Ali said...

So you look fantastic, which doesn't have anything to do with what you wrote, but seriously, I hope you're eating! Maybe it's the diarrhea? You look great! Love all the pictures and the funny hip hop post. Hilarious. Makes you feel cool as you dance, until reality check brings you back...